Frit-Happens !
August 05, 2021, 08:16:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Paragon SC2 tCL error - Cherry Heaven unavailable  (Read 12847 times)
Emma @ Tuffnell Glass
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 06:28:59 AM »

Hi ya guys, If I remember rightly this is a Thermocouple fail. In the manual it suggests the 'paper clip' test
One of our kilns is showing this at the moment. As soon as I figure out how to fix it I'll let you know  Wink

Em xx
TheJanie
The Rainbow Lady 【ツ】
Forum Member

【ツ】 Keep Calm and Melt Glass

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »

This has happened twice to my SC2 (see this thread: http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=31183.0 ) and as Trudi says, it was the relay both times.  I bought my replacement part from Pennine Components too - very quick service.

LampyLou
Forum Member

Quietly Mad......for glass

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15:05 PM »

Without wanting to be repetitive this thread has saved my sanity.  I love Frit Happens!

I had his error, I read this thread, I called Lee who also referenced this thread.  I ordered the part from Pennine yesterday, it arrived today and I just briefly fired up the kiln and it started ramping up beautifully.  Phew.

I am very much looking forward to a very beady day tomorrow.

Julia
Trudi
Forum Member

This is me!

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 12:28:19 PM »

Glad that this helped!

Shirley
Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 12:30:40 PM »

Hmm.

Shame Cherry Heaven told me I needed a new thermocouple when I got this error. Tcl - thermocouple, get it? Spent ages unscrewing the back, removing old and installing new thermocouple and the beggar still didn't work. Gave up and bought a Maxi.

Still got the SC2, still not got around to sorting it out, even though it is probably just the relay :-/

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 
Trudi
Forum Member

This is me!

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »

It's quite cheap and easy to sort out and you could use this kiln for fusing!

Shirley
Forum Member

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:19 PM »

Yep, that's why I've still got it. Not enough hours in my day at the moment Cheesy

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 
Blue Box Studio
Blue sky thinking & a load of hot air
Forum Member

Just give me the coffee and no one gets hurt!

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:33 PM »

Hmm.

Shame Cherry Heaven told me I needed a new thermocouple when I got this error. Tcl - thermocouple, get it? Spent ages unscrewing the back, removing old and installing new thermocouple and the beggar still didn't work. Gave up and bought a Maxi.

Still got the SC2, still not got around to sorting it out, even though it is probably just the relay :-/

They had me doing all sorts of tests, kept saying it was the thermocouple and they would post one to me if I paid up.  Then I couldn't get hold of them so I emailed Paragon who said not the thermocouple, but the relay.  Pennine are far cheaper than Cherry Heaven, and when I got confused between types, the lady in Paragon actually phoned me to talk me through the Pennine website.  

spexy
Forum Member

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 02:54:19 PM »

I got that error when my relay went, didn't know about Penine then and bought one from Cherry Heaven. Can't remember exactly how much but over £30  Sad

Trudi
Forum Member

This is me!

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 03:33:49 PM »

Ouch

TheJanie
The Rainbow Lady 【ツ】
Forum Member

【ツ】 Keep Calm and Melt Glass

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »

I got that error when my relay went, didn't know about Penine then and bought one from Cherry Heaven. Can't remember exactly how much but over £30  Sad

Eek!  But it doesn't surprise me.  I regret ever buying anything from Cherry Heaven Sad  When I first had this problem with my kiln I got no replies whatsoever from them, despite sending numerous emails.  In the end I got tons of help from Lee at Kilncare and Sean Taylor (I'm still very grateful to both of you! Smiley ).

LampyLou
Forum Member

Quietly Mad......for glass

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »

Wow. After hearing all that I have to say……..... Trudi - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

J x
Lee - Kilncare
Forum Member

Kilncare annealing kilns. Designed by listening.

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 04:16:01 AM »

Glad it worked for you buddy Shocked)

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732
Trudi
Forum Member

This is me!

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 06:42:26 AM »

It's a pleasure .. glad it helped you!

Margram
Temperature's rising
Forum Member

Glass in pocket

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 11:19:42 AM »

I've now got this dreaded error in my SC3 - does anyone know if the relay Trudi recommends is the same in the SC2 and SC3? (Pargagon website is down for me)...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: