Encasing glass?

Started by Avril, June 28, 2012, 08:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avril

I would be really interested to know what type of glass people prefer to use for encasing and if there is any glass that should be avoided?
Thanx  ???

Dragonfire Glass

I use 006 most of the time, zephyr is gorgeous but with a price tag.

Redhotsal

The current batch of Effetre 006  is great. Avoid Effetre 004, it tends to scum. CIM clear is nice. Never tried Zephyr but woudln't buy it because of the HUGE price tag.

BeeBeads

I like 006 too .. never used Zephyr because of the huge price tag.  But you'll probably get loads of replies from those who do use it!

Helen G

006 for me too, Zephyr is good but I can't justify the expense as I use LOTS of clear in my beads  ;)

♥♥Tan♥♥

Steer clear of vetrofond, I have an old batch that hazes every time it is heated and blackens really easily. Effetre seems to be a good all rounder.

ScarletLeonard

CiM clear is fine on a minor but not on a HH.

GaysieMay

I like reichenbach soft crystal, or 006 effetre - I'm on the reichenbach at the moment and zephr for special beads!  :)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Avril

Thank you all.  I am trying some Lauscha at the moment that George kindly gave to me to try but I think I might just order some of the 006 and Reichenbach to compare them.   ;D

Blue Box Studio

006 for me - but since DH helped sort the glass and put all the colours (including clear) together, I often use 004 (best for something not seen) Cim or Vetrofond by mistake.  But scum and cloudiness usually sorts one rod from the rest.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

MyPrecious

Effetre 006 at the moment for me, but I had no problem using Vetrofond a few years ago.
Kathy

My website

Helen G

Quote from: MyPrecious on June 29, 2012, 07:02:50 PM
Effetre 006 at the moment for me, but I had no problem using Vetrofond a few years ago.

Me too! I must have had an amazing batch, I bought a kilo of it but when I ran out the replacement was horrible :(

Mand

006 for me too.  Scarlet - I've always found that CiM clear makes my beads crack for some strange reason  ....