Yikes

Started by jeannette, June 19, 2012, 09:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeannette

I has my new kiln.
It's second hand, but has travelled a way with me from its old home. DH is saying put something in it and just do a full run - whaddya think? Should I test fire it first (I'm not worried about losing the glass it's just some test peices of Bulleseye).

Scared.com

I have just programmed the full fuse someone posted on here - so i think I'm good to go? Should I be worried about anything?

Ta muchly

Flyingcheesetoastie

Hi there,

Personally I would take a look at this - http://www.bullseyeglass.com/methods-ideas/technotes-1-knowing-your-kiln.html

Maybe run a test from it to get to know your kiln, rather than randomly firing a fuse programme in it.

You'll still use some glass but maybe in a slightly more controlled & question answering way.

Rachel x

mizgeorge

Just do it ;D

and how exciting!!

flame n fuse

just make sure you put some kiln wash or thin fire under the glass before you fire -otherwise there will be a nasty mess to sort out!

jeannette

:D welcome back George :D
You should see my tool collection - it grows by the day!

nuttybeader

Go for it and enjoy the results.

jeannette

The house has not burnt down and I left for work with it cooling - this is a major stp for me!
I haven't peaked or anything. Haha!
No science here, I'm afraid, Rachel  ::) I have read that Bulleseye sheet, installed the app on my phone and everything. But when it came to it, I was too darned excited!
Forgot to take the before picture as well as I meant to!

Anyway, early finish today to open that bad boy and see what happened.