Sandblasting?

Started by Dee Dee, June 12, 2012, 10:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Julia that is gorgeous and so original.

Flyingcheesetoastie

I wonder if it would be worth starting a Sandblaster service thread, like the kiln annealing one?  I'd be happy to blast beads for people if they want to mask them up and post them.  It would take longer to unwrap and wrap them than the actual blasting!  ;D

flame n fuse

Thanks Tan,
Actually I think that making a sandblasted window is easier than making a good bead, though it takes a lot longer. The nice thing about bead making compared with fusing or blasting is the almost instant gratification with a bead (or instant disappointment of course!)

Dee Dee

I purchased another air compressor yesterday- which makes the one in the set I got useless, and a waste of money!  It is better, but still fairly slow. 

What size grit/abrasive do you use Rachel?

Flyingcheesetoastie

I currently use 220 aluminium oxide but will probably go courser with my next bag.

Dee Dee

Beansprout

Changing the pressure might help a little too, no point having a coarse grit and a low pressure ^^

Dee Dee

Bought a new gun too, now that so has helped a lot!  But still working it out, thanks! ;D

Nicknack

Having seen your recent posts in the Gallery, it looks to me as if you've got the hang of it - they're beautiful!!!!!!!!

Nick

Dee Dee

Thanks Nick.  The hardest part is finding suitable resist and sticking it on the bead! lol! ;D

Pat from Canvey

I recall a discusion on here about resists but can't remember where it was. This shop looks interesting though.
http://www.theblastshop.co.uk/index.htm