Disc Beads

Started by chipperpottery, June 26, 2012, 12:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipperpottery

Any advise on how to make disc beads please.
I have a multi shaper, had it ages, but never tried out the disc shape until this morning.
Found it difficult to get a nice round disc ??

Krysia@No98

Is that the one where there are five shapes in one?  If so that's the same one I have and I have not worked out how to used it.  I have a feeling that I will 'get it' after I've played around with the bigger ones.  (On my list to buy at the flame off next year)

I think it's too small to learn on.  I would say though that the most successful ones I have made so far have been when I have made a little bead and then slowly layered it up.  I would say also that it would be good to have something to take excess glass of with
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Blue Box Studio

Multishaper?  Is there a tool I've missed?

Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

suzielaws

Make the base bead to fit the cavity and then just add layer by layer rolling as you go and adding glass where you need it. It is tricky though and the smaller the disk i find it harder.

Krysia@No98

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on June 26, 2012, 03:23:57 PM
Multishaper?  Is there a tool I've missed?

It's a bead roller for the indecisive  ;)  It has 5 shapes.  So far I have mastered one, the round one  ::) 
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Kaz

Quote from: suzielaws on June 26, 2012, 03:26:15 PM
Make the base bead to fit the cavity and then just add layer by layer rolling as you go and adding glass where you need it. It is tricky though and the smaller the disk i find it harder.
Exactly wot she said!
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

flowerjasper

Quote from: Kaz on June 26, 2012, 06:50:30 PM
Quote from: suzielaws on June 26, 2012, 03:26:15 PM
Exactly wot she said!
I echo that, I have one of the multi shapers, a four sided brass one, with a different shape on each side, I couldnt get the disc shape at all, untill one day I did as above,  putting small amounts of glass and pulling stringers to get just a little glass to finish off,

sandy

GaysieMay

They are gorgeous Sandy - I love your colour choice. x
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

flowerjasper

thank you ,
i have always loved purple and green
petrol green,  a reichenbach purple (think its opaque lilac), pea green and light torquoise.
Discs are a great way of getting good colour combos  ;D
sandy x

Margram

Mmmm, I want to put my hand into the screen and nab them! :)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog