Cleaning inner bead in hollow

Started by Donna@Rockin' Beads, May 04, 2012, 06:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I have made my first bead within a bead (yeah  ;D) but am a bit stumped as to how to clean the inner bead. I can get my dremel bit inside the inner bead but the bead is just spinning on it. I seem to remember an ultrasonic cleaner being mentioned but mine is rubbish so I can't see that helping.
Thanks guys.

GaysieMay

If you ever find an easy way will you tell me?  I've made a few of these now and cleaning the inner bead is a nightmare.  The last one I did was on a bhb and I wrapped a clean bhb mandrel with wet and dry and just did my best!  :-\

A lot of fun to make - no fun to clean!  ;D
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

sarah t

quote from kay who is special  ;D
George gave me a good tip, I slid them all down the mandrel and used carbide grit to clean them while still on the mandrel, worked a treat.

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Thanks but where on earth do you get that from?

Scratch that, just found it on ukge but can anyone advise on the grade, coarse or fine?

Coretta

Just started making hollows and I get my beads really clean by soaking them -after crushing the beadrelease with a small mandrel- in COCA COLA!
Sometimes the beads have to take a longer bath for 2 to 3 hours in this coke. When the beadrelease has gone, I put the beads in a cup with some rinse (gloss) for the dishwasher and and warm water,then let them air-dry.  I do that with all of my beads, not only the hollows.
If the beads (not only the hollow ones) are firm on a mandrel, I put the mandrel with the bead in a glass of coca cola for a night and mostly the beadrelease is soft.
Specially the bigger mandrels >5 mm, tap them together like a drummer ;D and the release mostly breaks.
Hope this helps someone! ;) **and that my English is good enough to understand**.
Greetings form Holland,
Corry
PROUD GRANNY

sarah t

coke cola ..good for lots of things except drinking  ;D

Madam Steph

Quote from: Donna@Rockin' Beads on May 04, 2012, 08:19:53 PM
Thanks but where on earth do you get that from?

Scratch that, just found it on ukge but can anyone advise on the grade, coarse or fine?

Manda has the correct grade, Donna

Linda x