Seating

Started by Lotti, April 28, 2012, 09:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinker

Well this is timely Lotti, am in need of a new one myself! I got an office chair from Ikea with wheels and the gas adjuatable etc, but the fuuf goes out of it all of a sudden so I can go from seeing over the torch to midget height whilst trying to make beads. Most disconcerting lol.

Blue Box Studio

Not sure it's meant to do that Kat!  I got my draughtsman's chair from Viking, had it 5-6 years now and still going strong, despite having to leap up to it as I'm a bit short!
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Shirley

I got a couple of office chairs from IKEA when i bought my benching last summer. Love them. They have wheels, are adjustable height, swivel and have enough room to be able to put a cushion behind my back so I don't slump too much.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

dangerousbead

A knackered old french style, possibly antique, the stuffing fallen out of, fabric deteriorating with a couple of old blankets on the seat, wooden armed chair. I love it and one day intend to restore it.

Shirl

I use a swivel office chair with arms, and a cushion for padding......and thrown over with a sheepskin rug on the seat and up the backrest, which is warm in winter and cool in summer.....Oh i do like my conforts ;D ;D

Nick

Hi,
I use a heavy duty ironing type of stool great size for the shed and comfortable too. It can also be folded flat if I need the space to work on other projects.

noora

I bought the cheapest office chair I could find at Ikea :) They seem to have changed it though, when I bought it the seat was slightly padded but now it's plastic. I need the flocked surface of the padded seat, I might slide off a plastic seat when trying to move the chair.

Magpie

I work at the kitchen table so use one of the kitchen chairs. No wheels, but you wouldn't believe how fast I can move when hot glass comes shooting in my direction. Having no wheels also means I can have my feet flat on the floor or propped up on something under the table (loads of empty wine bottles at the moment as my mead isn't ready for bottling yet ::)).

Sarah9959

I've got an ergonomic stool type thing that I got in a local charity shop - fantastic, especially as I have a bad back anyway

Sarah

Madam Steph

I use one of the foldaway chairs from inside my butterfly table, that holds all my jars full of glass rods  ;D

Linda x