What did I do????? Dark violet

Started by Shangri-La, May 20, 2012, 07:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shangri-La

I made a goddess yesterday. I'm feeling just about proud enough of myself to put a picture in the gallery. However, I made her out of dark violet. I worked her my own way, not from a tutorial, so bottom half first, and once that was done I added a strip to the top. The thing is, this strip turned silver! The rest of her is a lovely violet, as is her rather epic cleavage, but this band I put around is a completely different colour. I would love to get this colour again, but i'm not entirely sure how I did it?? Any Ideas gratefully received

???  :)

Magpie

Dark violet? Labelled as dark violet or you looked through the rod and saw dark violet? Psyche looks dark violet if you get the light behind it. Could you have picked up a rod of silver glass for the second half by mistake? Show us pics, please!!!!

helbels

At a stretch, might also have been dark silver plum, although that's opaque in the rod...

Shangri-La

just took a piccy. The light is waning so not a great photo but you can still see the metallic sheen on her top half although looks a lot more coppery than it did last night.  ??? 

I'm only a newbie to this so it could quite easily be a typical reaction i'm sure, but i just want to know what i did?

piccy coming up and i'm *very* aware of the fact that the very first piccy i show of one of the first batch of beads I have made is a big bottom in the most unflattering light. Embarrassing much??   :o :D

I'm so sorry mods/admin. I tried resizing this on photobucket and i think i failed. I'll go see if flickr is more user friendly.  :-[

Magpie

I LOVE her bum, it's gorgeous!!!!!!
Yes, that's a typical reaction, it's reduced somewhat. Cillit bang is the stuff to get rid of it though, or etch her if you have etching fluid. If you do a search on here for cillit bang it'll tell you which one to use.

Shangri-La

Oh cool! Thank you Helen! I didn't change the flame at all so i guess i must have just held it in a different area whilst applying glass. Will go on a cillit search now.  :)

Thank you for the compliments on my bottom!  :D :D  Goddess beads are what I wanted to master. Not perfect, but getting there!!
:)

SilverGems89

Yep that is a typical opaque purple reaction, i used to get it quite a lot when i was on a hot head!

Goddess' were one of the first things i learnt to make, i think they are great for teaching heat control...maybe i should make some more now i have upgraded!

BeeBeads

LOVELY bum!  ;D

I think when you do a complete goddess it's going to be fab!
Can't wait to see her  ;D

Shangri-La

Quote from: SilverGems89 on May 20, 2012, 09:16:27 PM
Yep that is a typical opaque purple reaction, i used to get it quite a lot when i was on a hot head!

Goddess' were one of the first things i learnt to make, i think they are great for teaching heat control...maybe i should make some more now i have upgraded!
I think it may have something to do with my oxycon woes then. If, as i understood it, hotheads don't have oxycons? And yes, you should absolutely go forth and make more. There's always room for goddesses in the world!  :)

Quote from: BeeBeads on May 20, 2012, 09:22:53 PM
LOVELY bum!  ;D

I think when you do a complete goddess it's going to be fab!
Can't wait to see her  ;D
Thank you muchly!!!  ;D  ;D  She does have boobages and a belly but you can't see them (obviously cause boobs on a back would look mighty weird). I will post a piccy of her uneven cleavage once i learn how not to be completely thick about resizing piccys!  :)