Check list - check

Started by Lotti, March 07, 2012, 10:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotti

Hi.  I have agreed to put together a checklist for a friend who is organising a market and have put this together from previous posts on here (it will be a generic one, so not just for jewellery folks).  I think I have it covered, but could you lovely folks just had a quick look and let me know if you think I have missed anything.  Thank you. :)

Stock, all items priced up.
Spare price labels
Displays
Lighting (if electic arranged)
Pen (s) and pad for making notes, taking orders :)
Business cards
Receipt book
Float money (plenty of change and some notes)
Table cloth (ideally should be cover the table down to the floor)
Chair
Themos of tea/coffee
Water
Lunch (although there will be places you can get lunch at the market, you may like to bring your own)
Tissues
Spare top (just in case it is a chilly day – hopefully not!)
Scissors (you never know!)
Sellotape
String
Blutack
Depending on what you are selling
Bags/Boxes
Gift wrapping stuff
Tool set (just in case)
Mirror

Angie

Looks good, I can only add leaflets and business cards and advertising for future show/exhibition/craft fair etc
www.angiesnelling.com
In the future, all will be glass...

Lotti

Quote from: Angie on March 07, 2012, 10:45:27 AM
Looks good, I can only add leaflets and business cards and advertising for future show/exhibition/craft fair etc

OOh, yes good one.  I did have promo material in my head, but couldn't articulate it!  Will add this, thanks. :)

Helen G

folding sack trolley to make carting it around 10 times easier  ;)

Banner if you have one (most irritating when you forget it :-\ )

I always take a few spare findings and my tools.

Lotti

Quote from: chipperpottery on March 07, 2012, 10:54:57 AM
Chocolate and Telephone.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh Helen, do I need a sack barrow, thinking of getting myself a fold up one! :)

Lotti

Calculator (or have one on your phone).  I sold 6 items to a lady yesterday (!!!! :) ) and added it up in my head, then on a piece of paper and eventually on the calculator on my phone, cos I was soooo paranoid I had got it wrong!

tish

something to make u look busy in quite moments so you are not standing looking like a praying mantis and a folding chair

Lynnybobs

Contact book/sheet if you wish to invite customers to leave an e-mail address to sign up to a e-mail mailing list ?
Lynnybobs
----x----

The Tartan Trout

pins!! I hate seeing messy table covers, and it can be a health and safety issue for tripping over!
tape measure

sarah t

a visitors book for adding contact info for a mailing list of other events etc

table cloth wieghts or clips  (especially if out doors )

gazebo or tarp ( if out doors )

clamps or simlar if needing to secure display shelves etc

table if one not provided

extension cable (and gafa tape for securing.... elf and safety !!)

money bag

a mate to keep you company !

a fluff remover thingy

Margram

A mirror so customers can see if necklaces look nice on - and so you can check you haven't got chocolate all round your mouth (or is that just me?! :P :))
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

paintboxcrafts

and one of those hallmarking signs if you sell stuff with silver...
www.paintboxcrafts.co.uk  www.paintboxcrafts.etsy.com

Lotti

Quote from: Margram on March 07, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
A mirror so customers can see if necklaces look nice on - and so you can check you haven't got chocolate all round your mouth (or is that just me?! :P :))

I get people just walking past looking in my mirror, I was thinking of charging a 'check out your hairdo' fee!  At one market another stall holder was selling fair trade jewellery (imported, and very nice) but hadn't got a mirror and borrowed mine!

Hallmarking notice - OOh yes, I always have mine!

Tape measure - definatley and something to keep the table cloth tidy (I agree Sarah I hate messy tables!).

This place has leccy laid on with extension cables, so that one is sorted, but needed to add tables as they aren't.

Lots of brilliant ideas thanks very much.  Am adding to my long list.  Any more then please let me know and then maybe we could add this as a sticky or something in this section for times when folks need the advice?

Blue Box Studio

I have the mirror and produce it when needed, got fed up of the people checking thair make up as well.

I'd add - wet wipes (clean hands after handing,money before food, or food before stock)

I got a flat bed truck off Amazon, the can be folded to make a set of steps - handy if you want to fasten anything high up - weren't cheap but are very sturdy.

This type http://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Platform-Trolley-Barrow-OT1008/dp/B004LYJPQ6/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1331141007&sr=8-31 doesn't stay extedned unless you cable tie the extending bit together so gets nil point from me (and is under my spare bed somewhere), will see if I can find a link to the other one.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr