Rubino and black dots?

Started by LampyLou, March 29, 2012, 10:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LampyLou

OK so what am I doing wrong?  I'm trying to do some pink flowers over Appletini which should come out really dainty and pretty and but I keep getting little black dots on my rubino.  I've got the flame as low as I can and still melt (!?!) and I'm trying to work gently.  Any tips?

Thanks

Julia

Dee Dee

Are you putting your rubino over white dots??

LampyLou

I've got Effetre Pale Pink as the base of the petals, then Reichenback Opal Raspberry. The idea is to use the Rubino as the deep pink centre before I punge for my bubbles.

Thanks!

J

tish

i cann t help sorry still to new at all this but that sounds nice can u show us a piccy of them even with the black dots please

Dee Dee

Maybe try putting a dot of clear over the rubino??  Do you have any CIM cranberry?

sarah t

could be a compatability/reaction issue .....maybe clear inbetween the layers ?

LampyLou

Deedee, no I haven't any Cranberry, it's on my wish list but I always gasp at the cost.  I'll have another play and see if I can get the clear over.  Thanks.

Tish, I'm making them this morning (Coffee break at the mo!) so I'll try and show you either tomorrow or the weekend.  They are just simple handshaped doughnuts with 3 flowers, no exciting vine cane or anything.

Julia x

MyPrecious

Could it be the rubino reducing in the flame?
Kathy

My website

Dee Dee

Fingers crossed, that will help!  I think it might be reducing too, Kathy!

Madam Steph

Quote from: MyPrecious on March 29, 2012, 11:14:41 AM
Could it be the rubino reducing in the flame?
I'm sure that's what is happening, Kathy.
Same thing happened to me when I put it over some white dots on a large white heart I made a few weeks ago.

Yes, I found Cranberry was the way to go with this

Linda

Redhotsal

I agree with Kathy - it's reducing. You'll see the black dots "glowing" in the flame. The way to go with rubino is to lower the flame and work higher up. You can burn it very easily. It's a beautiful glass though if you persist and handle it carefully. Much better than cranberry if you ask me.

Rubino will react really badly with some colours - specifically ivory. It'll go a horrible grey if you dot it over that!

LampyLou

Thanks everybody!  I'll have another look at my flame.

Julia