We can never move house now - stained glass - in situ

Started by sparrow, January 31, 2012, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LampyLou

Lovely stained glass and an even more lovely story.

Julia

poledra1958

Lovely story,  I love the Art Deco period as well, and I love that spash back.  Well done you.

HH on Bulk,

jammie

Lilley

Maybe make a 'window frame' for it to go into that is attached to the wall, slot it in and seal? Or use a silicon based clear adhesive and ensure it is sealed all around the edges?
Glass - lampworked, blown, kilncast or fused and slumped, it's all good!

sparrow

Thank you all for your tips! We decided to use brackets which gripped the inside of the H section, recess them slightly into the plaster, and tiled over them :)

IMG_7447 by Sabine Little, on Flickr

IMG_7448 by Sabine Little, on Flickr

(sorry, not painted above the tile line yet, and we will get nicer cooker switches, but I wanted to share the 'in situ' photos, as promised - I'm so, so chuffed!!!!)  ;D ;D ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Zeldazog

MadelineBunyan

Steampunkglass

julieHB

It's really, really lovely, Sabine - you're so clever!! :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

sparrow

Thank you  ;D ;D I honestly wasn't after two rounds of lovely comments (although, as the German saying goes, they 'go down as smoothly as oil'  ;D ;D ;D), but! Our kitchen is nearly finished, and I am just immensely happy  ;D ;D ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

liquidglass

Loved it before, but even more now it's in situ, fantastic!!

awrylemming

It's wonderful Sabine, and I admit to being massively envious and insanely jealous, of both your kitchen and your talent  ;D :-*

sparrow

Lol, not sure about the talent bit, but the kitchen was made possible by Homebase's "60% off all kitchens, plus a further 20% off this week-end only" offer  ;D ;D ;D
Sabine x

catriona

Wow wow wow that is stunning oh for to have half your talent.
catxx