Cgbeads-Button Disc anyone used it?

Started by Angie Beadz, January 06, 2012, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie Beadz

Hi i was wondering if anyone has tried this tool (BR-7401)
I cant use im struggling like mad, either my bead relase breaks or i cant get the disc even, i cant even fill to the full diameter. :-\
can anyone help please ? ::)

Angie

sarah t

i have just ordered one so if no one gets back to you i will let you know how i get on in a few weeks  ;)

there are some good video tuts on her site ...does the disc bead one help at all ?

Pat from Canvey

What torch are you using. If the release breaks, you maybe putting too much pressure on the glass which in turn means that the glass is not hot enough to conform to the shape of the roller. Can you get the glass gloopier before trying an initial shaping? Don't roll the glass at the first few presses but just sit it in the press, heat the glass and shape another bit of the glass mass. Continue until all the glass is a reasonable shape then reheat and only then turn the mandrel whilst the glass is sitting in the press. Hope this helps.

JKC

I have this one, if you are having a problem with the initial wrap use stringer to make it, get that to the width you need, then build up the bead slowly from there, tie care not to over heat the first part of the bead when building up, or it will become to wide for the cavity.  I also use foster fire for my bigger beads as it doesn't crack as easily.  Also with many of my presses and rollers, I if can't use them at first I put them down and do something else until I am less frustrated, then try again.  You will get it eventually and it maes lovely beads.  Janet

Angie Beadz

Pat- im using a bethlehem minnow and i use fosterfire bead release, thanks for the tip!!
Janet- im ok with the start of it , its when i get it just more than half done, then it all goes wrong lol :o

JKC

Hi Angie

Sometimes when the bead is bigger and it goes wrong because I have put glass on unevenly, I roll it back and forward in a large lentil base or similar then heat and put it back in the shaper, I do this with the mega discs too, it has really helps the shape if i have gone wrong. Janet 

Good luck

chipperpottery

They have a vidio on there website, showing you how to make discs.

Angie Beadz

Quote from: chipperpottery on January 07, 2012, 02:55:10 PM
They have a vidio on there website, showing you how to make discs.

Its not the right disc bead, i can do them no problem
im talking about the button disc, there much bigger  ::)