Frit-Happens !
April 19, 2021, 02:17:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: AOTM January 2012 - Resolutions  (Read 6907 times)
mizgeorge
Administrator

Or should that be missus?

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 12:38:32 PM »

I think I'd just like to keep my head above water for the year. If I could keep it high enough above to be able to afford to go home for a couple of weeks that would be even better. Especially after having had to cancel being there for Christmas and New Year this time, which was sad Sad

I wish everyone luck with their resolutions!

tomcat
While the rest of the species is decended from apes redheads are decended from cats
Forum Member

The tom of three cats

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »

Simple one from me - do everything i can not to have another year like this one

Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !
Madam Steph
Forum Member

Jon Snow just CAN'T be dead!

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 01:37:01 PM »

Awwww Tomcat.
You are still here in the land of the living...a great plus  Smiley

Linda x

awrylemming
Forum Member

Slightly singed & very verbose

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 01:51:35 PM »

Simple one from me - do everything i can not to have another year like this one

I'll second that one Mark! 
Apart from not repeating a year of uninterrupted crud, my resolution is to try to keep better order of things, I have memory problems but that's no reason not to write things down!
On the glassy side, definitely have a lesson with Diana East.  If I'm going to have my first lesson, then who better to have it with?   Grin

misspixie
New Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »

For 2012, I'd like to achieve some work/life balance... Both to allow me to focus on improving my metal, glass, and fabric work, as well as having more time for myself and my other half... The boy has the patience of a saint, but he deserves more than driving across country to watch me mark papers! So I'm going to teach myself some time management, and how to make weekends my own... Smiley
Blue Box Studio
Blue sky thinking & a load of hot air
Forum Member

Just give me the coffee and no one gets hurt!

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »

I have memory problems but that's no reason not to write things down!

I have appaling short term memory after my stroke - can tell you what I did in 1975 but not what I did yesterday, so I have lists for everything (and an overworked MS Outlook) - and lists of lists in some cases. And for stuff that a list isn't enough for I have plastic wallets.  It drives husband mad, especially when I do the shopping and forget the thing he talked about but didn't put on the list, but hey, what's a shopping list for if not for adding the things we need?

kathsd
Glass half full kind of girl.
Forum Member

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 03:51:27 AM »

I like the 'feck em al'l moto too, but I'll keep that in reserve for after these, in no particular order!....

keep some spare time for me, not beading, not DIYing, just for me for chillin and relaxing
not get stressed out by work.
set up website.
be brave and approach some more crafty places to take my beads.
sort out the house and garden into some sort of order (so I don't feel guilty when beading!).
not spend too much money.
be happy

may we all suceed in our resolutions (even if it's only some of them, Rome wasn't built in a day!)
kath
Calico Cat
Eldjötnar in training
Forum Member

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 06:00:31 AM »

To quote Terry Pratchett:

Nil illegitimo carborundum

Dreadful latin, but a good sentiment!

Carole

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .
Magpie
Forum Member

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 06:49:08 AM »

I acheived last year's resolutions, though it was almost painful at times.

This year my glassy resolutions are to talk to everyone a bit more, on here, twitter and FB. Second glassy resolution is to play at more sculptural stuff, so instead of lentils and donuts more goddesses, faces etc. But I'll be looking for suggestions of what to try.

Personal resolution is to end the year with less potions and bottles than now. I buy a bottle of moisturiser or cleanser or something, it gets used once (if it's lucky) then sits in the cupboard for the rest of its life, generally because I'm too late trying to get out the door that it's the last thing on my mind. The 11 bottles of handcream/bubble bath/body lotion etc I got for Christmas WILL get used along with the ones left over from last year!

ScarletLeonard
or Scarlett, or Scarlette
Forum Member

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 11:47:36 AM »

For me more PPP especially on the sculptural side and getting used to a big girl torch (once my oxy has been ordered.)

Non glassy get the house in order, get the allotment in order.

Across the board better time management.

flowerjasper
Forum Member

Acorns!

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »

good luck to you all in achieving what you want,
the boys and i are going to florida in the summer and are swimming with dolphins so i hope to bit a bit smaller so as not to frighten them in a wet suit  Grin
glassy wise, to carry on making beads that i am happy with,
get the garden straight before spring,
and give a rescue goat (if there is such a thing) or two a home,

sandy x

Hotglass28
Forum Member

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 06:35:32 AM »

Let me think.......

Glass wise:  get my bottom on a kiln casting/glass blowing course and to better my control of heat and glass lampworking wise.

Life wise:  improve my lung function, ie  workout and get my heart rate up every day, organise myself better, make sure I dont forget stuff  Roll Eyes

Money wise: not to spend it on silly things that I wont ever use (gah, story of my life)

k00m
Forum Member

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »

Well this years resolution was going to be to save up for kiln, but my amazing family have done that for me so instead I shall go with:
  • Master my new kiln  Grin
  • Post in the Gallery more often
  • Lurk less on FH
  • Go to at least one thing where I meet other lampworkers

- Kerra -
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: