AOTM January 2012 - Resolutions

Started by sparrow, December 31, 2011, 08:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizgeorge

I think I'd just like to keep my head above water for the year. If I could keep it high enough above to be able to afford to go home for a couple of weeks that would be even better. Especially after having had to cancel being there for Christmas and New Year this time, which was sad :(

I wish everyone luck with their resolutions!

tomcat

Simple one from me - do everything i can not to have another year like this one
Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !

Madam Steph

Awwww Tomcat.
You are still here in the land of the living...a great plus  :)

Linda x

awrylemming

Quote from: tomcat on December 31, 2011, 05:41:04 PM
Simple one from me - do everything i can not to have another year like this one

I'll second that one Mark! 
Apart from not repeating a year of uninterrupted crud, my resolution is to try to keep better order of things, I have memory problems but that's no reason not to write things down!
On the glassy side, definitely have a lesson with Diana East.  If I'm going to have my first lesson, then who better to have it with?   ;D

misspixie

For 2012, I'd like to achieve some work/life balance... Both to allow me to focus on improving my metal, glass, and fabric work, as well as having more time for myself and my other half... The boy has the patience of a saint, but he deserves more than driving across country to watch me mark papers! So I'm going to teach myself some time management, and how to make weekends my own... :)

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: awrylemming on December 31, 2011, 06:51:35 PM
I have memory problems but that's no reason not to write things down!

I have appaling short term memory after my stroke - can tell you what I did in 1975 but not what I did yesterday, so I have lists for everything (and an overworked MS Outlook) - and lists of lists in some cases. And for stuff that a list isn't enough for I have plastic wallets.  It drives husband mad, especially when I do the shopping and forget the thing he talked about but didn't put on the list, but hey, what's a shopping list for if not for adding the things we need?
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

kathsd

I like the 'feck em al'l moto too, but I'll keep that in reserve for after these, in no particular order!....

keep some spare time for me, not beading, not DIYing, just for me for chillin and relaxing
not get stressed out by work.
set up website.
be brave and approach some more crafty places to take my beads.
sort out the house and garden into some sort of order (so I don't feel guilty when beading!).
not spend too much money.
be happy

may we all suceed in our resolutions (even if it's only some of them, Rome wasn't built in a day!)
kath

Calico Cat

To quote Terry Pratchett:

Nil illegitimo carborundum

Dreadful latin, but a good sentiment!

Carole

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Magpie

I acheived last year's resolutions, though it was almost painful at times.

This year my glassy resolutions are to talk to everyone a bit more, on here, twitter and FB. Second glassy resolution is to play at more sculptural stuff, so instead of lentils and donuts more goddesses, faces etc. But I'll be looking for suggestions of what to try.

Personal resolution is to end the year with less potions and bottles than now. I buy a bottle of moisturiser or cleanser or something, it gets used once (if it's lucky) then sits in the cupboard for the rest of its life, generally because I'm too late trying to get out the door that it's the last thing on my mind. The 11 bottles of handcream/bubble bath/body lotion etc I got for Christmas WILL get used along with the ones left over from last year!

ScarletLeonard

For me more PPP especially on the sculptural side and getting used to a big girl torch (once my oxy has been ordered.)

Non glassy get the house in order, get the allotment in order.

Across the board better time management.

flowerjasper

good luck to you all in achieving what you want,
the boys and i are going to florida in the summer and are swimming with dolphins so i hope to bit a bit smaller so as not to frighten them in a wet suit  ;D
glassy wise, to carry on making beads that i am happy with,
get the garden straight before spring,
and give a rescue goat (if there is such a thing) or two a home,

sandy x

Hotglass28

Let me think.......

Glass wise:  get my bottom on a kiln casting/glass blowing course and to better my control of heat and glass lampworking wise.

Life wise:  improve my lung function, ie  workout and get my heart rate up every day, organise myself better, make sure I dont forget stuff  ::)

Money wise: not to spend it on silly things that I wont ever use (gah, story of my life)
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

k00m

Well this years resolution was going to be to save up for kiln, but my amazing family have done that for me so instead I shall go with:

• Master my new kiln  ;D
  • Post in the Gallery more often
  • Lurk less on FH
  • Go to at least one thing where I meet other lampworkers
- Kerra -