devibliss communication port

Started by Stackmyra, December 26, 2011, 09:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stackmyra

Hi

I just went trough my oxycon cleaning filters and such and noticed that there is a small communication port on the backside

Has anyone tried to connect a computer to this port? i noticed there are three wires going to it, might this be RS-232, RXD TXD SG

it would be fun to connect a computer and see if one can read some stats from the devibliss, like purity ect.

Jolene

I've never noticed that before on mine, would love to hear what you find out if you try it.

Stackmyra

I have made some tests with my computer and managed to get a string of numbers on the screen, what I can tell there are data on purity, runtime and amount of oxygen it produces among with some other columns I cant identify.

If I turn the flow knob some numbers rise and fall according to the output scale

If I block the output some numbers rise and some fall others remain unaffected, maybe something for he hardcore glass lover to keep track of oxygen use in a certain design or something :) or maybe if you want to keep track of maintenance on your oxycon.

Stackmyra

Here you go, feel free to build one yourself and experiment, there are some software one can buy named Devilbiss Smartlink, its a little fancier than raw data values I guess with graphs and windows graphic, but it costs 65 dollars.

Hamilton Taylor

Now, that is neat. Keeping this for possible nosy experiments in the new year...

Sean