AOTM January 2011 - Resolutions

Started by sparrow, January 01, 2011, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

Sooo, what's it going to look like?  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Lush!

Quote from: sparrow on February 11, 2011, 07:47:45 PM
Sooo, what's it going to look like?  ;D

The studio?

I've just added a couple of progress pics to Flickr  ;D

New Studio Progress by LushLampwork, on Flickr

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

DeanWilson

Well as a general resolution I've decided to lose weight ;D Over 1 stone lost already, woohoo! ;D

Although my glassy resolution isn't as straightforward as NO CHOCOLATE DEAN, NO! - I'm after a kiln :P But before that I really, really want to upgrade my torch- ANYTHING faster than a hothead :P They say you don't miss what you've never had but I learnt on a dual-fuel torch :P So that's the main resolution; a faster torch ;D

ALSO I'd love to make a really good goddess bead and some stripy beads ;D

Dean :)

MadelineBunyan

oh Julie, that really is Lush!

my new one is teeny tiny by comparison

Les

I am beginning to really hate my kitchen corner... bah !!!

sparrow

Looking fab, Julie! My studio *might* be finished this week-end, too  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Lush!

Dean - a stone is loads, well done you!

Sorry Les  >:(

Sabine, I'm a week or two off being finished - I haven't even started buying the ventilation or had a single trip to Ikea yet  ;D

Les

He he... no worries .... I do have a plan .... in 8 years time, I might just be able to afford one ;D ;D ;D

Magpie

Quote from: Lesley Jane on February 11, 2011, 08:27:18 PM
I am beginning to really hate my kitchen corner... bah !!!

The advantage of the kitchen is not having to trudge outside when it's cold, wet, snowy, dark, yukky, blowing a gale, and tackle all those spiders that decided that the best place to put their webs is straight across the path! I'm staying in the kitchen.

Lush!

Quote from: Lush! on January 01, 2011, 02:41:57 PM
Biggest job on my To Do list: work out what the heck I'm going to demo at Flame Off :o

Most exciting job: order skip and get started on my new studio  ;D

So how's everybody doing with their New Year Resolutions?

I hate to be smug, but .. cough ... both of mine are ticked off, in the bag and sewn up tight  ;D ;D ;D

jammie

It's great to see how everyone is doing with their resolutions. I had a look back at mine.
Hmm well still up to my ears in bills but getting through them a bit at a time.
Have made some beads I am really pleased with. Even entered some in the GBUK competition.
OH is working on the website kinda. Obviously needs more hussling.
DD has been taking photos for me so hussling worked.
Fraid nowhere closer to my bobcat and oxycon due to first resolution/goal not being sorted yet!

Great looking back! Weeeell, bills/debts  are sorted into manageable payments and I am paying them up.
Came second in GBUK comp and have made some sales with my beads
website with etsy page done
managing my own photos and posting and listing
Got my bobcat and oxycon (thanks to a very special forum lady)
I dont believe it I've done it....happy dance around the room!  ;D

Louise, you've  quit smoking since January , that's brilliant!  :)

Louise Menzies

Quote from: Louise Menzies on January 28, 2011, 01:56:40 PM
Here Goes...

Personal:
* Save for our house deposit (Goal [Year 1] - £12,000)  ;D - NO WHERE NEAR On TARGET
* Book a holiday (honestly cannot wait for a holiday anywhere, as i have not had one for errrrr 6 years)  GOING NOWHERE
* Visit my friends and family more often ?????
* Quit Smoking (.... update quit since 2nd Jan) - STILL QUIT
* Stop being shy and make more friends SLIGHTLY TRUE
* Develop my career (qualifications) in Human Resources - COURSE FINISHES ON 2ND DECEMBER

Hobby:
* Insulate Studio & Design layout better NO
* Learn and take time to practise.. developing technique NONE
* Promote more and look into shops/galleries TRIED A COUPLE

Louise x

well ..... anyone got updates on there plans for this year? how has it gone.

Mine has not gone to plan what so ever :( I should never make plans hahahahaha

HERE'S TO 2012 :p :p
Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com

MadelineBunyan

Quote from: MadelineBunyan on January 01, 2011, 12:17:20 PM
I need to list more of the stuff I make on my artfire and website. this means doing the dreaded pricing thing. I cant get my head around it when its loose beads, jewellery I'm fine with though.
well, I've started doing it, I've priced some types of items, which means I just need to make more and list them, and I have an etsy shop now too, and it has a couple of things in at the moment, however, I have spent most of the last two months making stock for my galleries, so have not got much stock for myself! but, I did manage to photgraph all of it, with nice enough pics to put online, and most of them are online

making wise, I'm having great fun making focals, but I really need to sit down and make smaller matched sets of beads for bracelets and earrings. sets are not my strong point, I'm too much of a butterfly and like to try out different things all the time, I have to force myself to even make two of something. getting much better at this too, my last two kiln batches have been nothing but pairs! well, a few odds that didnt quite make it, sets also happen occasionlly, this is mainly due to the fact I now have rather a large collection addiction of/to presses and rollers  ::)

also, I'm getting a new studio, and I would like to try and keep it tidy and organised..chances of this are slim!um, well, didnt I say I've been busy making loads...er, that comes with side effects of mess I'm afraid! I'll call it lived in I think...

generally be more organised, and keep the motivation going from 'ooh I'll make some of those', right through to, 'I'll take a picture and edit it and list it' rather than leaving them in a pile that gets huge and scary and I don't know where to start!getting better, need to get back on it now that the gallery stuff is done, but I do have the photos of those things, so at least have a sort of catalog of past work that people can look at

so, er, well I've done ok, but got new ones to add...starting with curbing my press habit!