Spd5 on SC2

Started by Yellow friend, November 09, 2011, 01:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow friend

I have been having a few problems with my kiln & maybe I'm being a bit dense here.  I spoke to Cherry Heaven and was told to go to Spd5 which should send it straight up to 800'C without clicking but for some reason my FULL temp seems to be 600'C - which I presume I must have put in at some time but I really don't remember.  When I bought it in 2008 as far as I remember I just used the programme suggested in the manual for annealing glass beads. Not been a problem up to now.  The very nice man explained to me how to change the FULL temp to 800 and I tried it last night but somehow still ended up at 537 before beeping.  Can someone explain in very simple terms how to get FULL up to 800.  I can only think I must have taken too long over deciding which button to press & it defaulted to the original programme.

Cheers
Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

MeadMoon

Are you getting confused between Spd5, which relates to the speed/rate at which the temperature is being increased, and the temperature that you want it to heat up to?

To heat at FULL (Spd5) rate up to 800 degrees C you would need to do this starting from idle:

1. Press "Start"
2. Press the up arrow until Spd5 is displayed then press "Start"
3. Use the arrow keys to enter 800 as the temperature you are aiming for, press "Start"
4.Use the arrows keys to enter the hold time (if applicable) or leave at 00.00, then press "Start"
5. Press "Start" to start firing

HTH.
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy

Yellow friend

Just what I needed to know. The reason for ramping it up to 800 asap is I believe is to see if my problem is the relay rather than the thermocouple.

I am a bit of a Luddite with things electrical.  :(

Thanks
Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com