Using Cubic Zirconias

Started by Ilona, July 21, 2007, 02:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilona

Hi, I am thinking of putting cubic zirconias is some beads, and would like to know how to go about this.

Do you have to get certain types like Swarovski crystals and how do you use them?

I am looking forward to your replys.

Ilona

littlegiggles

Swarovski crystals dont work as they are glass and the torch would melt them.  you need CZ's which are harder... You use them in the same way a murrini, I think... although my cz's are still to be used

Les

I attach mine , ready for applying to a hot bead, by using a teeny dot of pva glue at the tip of a mandrel, and picking the CZ up on the tip.
Once the glue has dried, the CZ is ready to be applied easily and with little fuss... the pva glue simply burns away in the flame, leaving the CZ behind on the surface ...

HTH

Les xx

♥♥Tan♥♥

beadysam

Yep, thats what I do with mine!  Great way to use up bent mandrels too. ;)

Les

I often make up quite a few at a time..keep them in a jar in a corner... so that if I suddenly get the urge to add some sparkle, I'm not thwarted ;D

beadysam

Les, your avatar is BRILLIANT! ;D

Les

Ilona

Thanks for the superb tip with the pva, I just need to find where to get the CZ's now.

Ilona

beadysam

Me?  I sell `em if you want some? ;)

One Key Beads

Er,  this PVA glue on the end of mandrals thingie.  Don't forget about the reading glasses, magnigying glass and it's still a hit and miss routine.  Or is it that a significant birthday is on the horizon and the old eyesight is dinimished?

Lovely effects though, when you get them working for you.

Jeanette

Ilona

Hi sam, I new I had seen them somewhere.

I will pm you.

Ilona