Brass sheet/foil

Started by SueP, October 07, 2011, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassOwl

I love using copper inclusions. I have tried the .3mm brass and it is ok inside something like a coaster but it does cause there to be a lip in the coaster so I was careful about the shape I added. The bubbles are wonderful if you want that effect and of course it is a gorgeous golden colour and stays that way unlike the copper which goes mostly red but I have had some go green which was pretty stunning.

Have fun

Sandra

micpru

Hiya, 

Where did you see the 0.3mm folk as I've been looking for some more for ages.
x
Michaela x

Sandera

Does anyone know how to control the oxidisation process of copper to get different effects. e.g. reds, blues, greens, coppers?

I keep reading (on US sites) about coating copper with clear glass paint to keep the original colour but I can't figure out where to get it from in the UK. I was hoping to paint some of the copper and leave other bits unpainted.

I seem to get really dark results but I'm wondering if that's because I hadn't realised until recently that it has to be cleaned!

GlassOwl

I have tried to work out what I did with the copper when it went green, I always clean the copper so I dont know that I did anything different and no one I have asked has every had any idea, maybe someone on here has managed to make it go green and know why so that its reproducible.

Thanks

Sandra