Uploading right size photos for etsy

Started by Yellow friend, November 09, 2011, 01:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow friend

Wasn't sure which thread to put this on but I have uploaded a picture on etsy and basically the thumbnail only shows the top part of the necklace - you have to take the trouble to click on it to see the whole thing.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/85328194/plum-pearl-necklace-with-an-aquarium?ref=pr_shop

Should I retake it  & resize it (it's not a great pic anyway).  I've only listed about 6 things on etsy and they've all been single beads or pendants - I always struggle with photographing necklaces and getting it all in focus.

Thanks
Shelia

www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Lush!

Go back into edit and swap the position of the two photos so the bead pic shows up as the  main one.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

garishglobes

Or crop it, so that half the necklace strand shows as well as the bead? It'd give the idea of being a necklace, letting the imagination fill in the remainder. Then, since you have 5 photos anyway, put the whole pic as an extra photo.

Yellow friend

mizgeorge

Etsy likes square photos, so it's always worth cropping them to the right shape (and size - 1000px square is ideal) to be sure they'll show up as you want them to.

jammie

Can you put them in flickr, go into piknic once you click on your pic and you can size, do the exposure and sharpen, I can use it and find it really good, before i had to wait till my OH would do it on photoshop , which is proabably a lot better but this way I can do the photographing from start to finish by myself.  :)

Yellow friend

Thanks ladies, I use an ancient version of Adobe which has all I need but knowing the size is very useful.

Cheers
Shelia