Applying Murrini

Started by ShinySnail, September 02, 2011, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShinySnail

I'm just starting to be able to apply murrini reasonably well, but really struggle to put pieces close together without melting the surrounding bits or ending up with a cracked bead.
I suspect that I just need practice, and to find the right balance between using a pinpoint flame to apply the additional bits and then a normal flame to reheat throughout - but I was wondering if there are any other ways I could try?

I have tried applying the murrini a piece at a time and melting and poking before moving on to the next bit, and have also tried placing all the pieces in first before melting and poking but neither way is really jumping out as the 'right' way to do it  ::)

Help with this would be much appreciated!  ;D
Thanks,
Anna

sarah t

if i am adding lots of murini and melting them in.....  i place them all keeping the others warm as i go,give them a gentle heat & press move to the next one gentle heat, gentle press etc etc until they are well established ... and then i  treat the bead a bit like i would if melting in dots  ...

i dont change my flame  i tip the bead to get the hot spot for the warm murini

not sure if that helps ,i find it really hard to describe how i do something

Madam Steph

I hope Kaz won't mind my putting the link to her demo here.

It helped me, Anna.

I think the trick is to work cool (far from the flame) and slowly. I usually do one at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5z6kkdVqU

ShinySnail

Thanks very much, i will check it out and keep trying  :D