Getting those damn dots to behave ...

Started by Deesigned Beads, March 23, 2009, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deesigned Beads

A tutorial that I had lots of fun with, and also some info on dragging dots to create patterns:

http://deesignedbeads.blogspot.com/2009/03/getting-those-damn-dots-to-behave.html

Enjoy!

Diana
Diana
www.deesignedbeads.blogspot.com

theflyingbedstead

Thank you for sharing...very useful, particularly that initial raised dot!  Your black & white beads are STUNNING!
Charlotte x

Deesigned Beads

Thank you Charlotte!

Again apologies for the lamp reflecting on the beads. 

By making sure that you add the hot stringer to the slightly cooled bead, you will create a 'cold seal' which will make it easier to flick off a wayward dot.  I also use this tecnique when I want to place big dots - first add small raised dots, and when I am happy with the placement, I melt them in, and add more glass to make the dot bigger.  I also always look at the bead from the end, to eye guage the placement. 

I am a bad teacher, but I love doing tutorials ...  Classes does not seem to work for me.  I battle to explain myself verbally, but on paper it seems easier, go figure!

Anyway - feel free to contact me if you have any queries!  I will try my best to explain what/how ...

Diana
Diana
www.deesignedbeads.blogspot.com

theflyingbedstead

Thank you!  I am battling a bit at the moment with my dot placement on large transparent hollows - it is much trickier and I suppose that is because of the reflections.  So the raised dot in the same colour glass as the hollow will be a real help.

I know what you mean about the teaching...it's not for me either.  I once taught an embroidery class and that was stressful without the added factor of molten glass! 

I have been looking at your other tutorials too.  They are easy to follow and the photographs are great because they are so close up you can see all of the detail.  I hope that you will do LOTS more!
Charlotte x

Margram

:D I've had a look around your lovely blog, when I should have been doing a million
other things!  I've printed out your instructions and can't wait to have a go at proper
round beads. :-*

Marg x
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Pegasus

FAB FAB FAB!!!
I can't do dots very well at all (shaky hands) but this just inspires me to just keep at it, your work is fantastic!!!!
~ BEV ~
www.pegasuslampworktools.co.uk      

julieHB

Gorgeous beads and excellent tut, Diana - thanks a lot!!  :) :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Pam

Thank you Diana for a great tutorial. Simple when you know how I guess.

Debra

Thank you Diana really love all your tuts they really help me to understand all the tectonics xx  :)

Dragonfire Glass

Useful for spatially challenged peeps like me :D
Thank you

anditsinthefish

Sarah xx
Website. Blog. Flickr.