instruction for the bead cube

Started by Katerina, August 29, 2011, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katerina

Hi
May be anybody know is there instruction for the bead cube in the internet?

looks like I lost mine... :-[

Katerina

Redhotsal

Katerina

Sal - you are life saver :)
Thank you

Lee - Kilncare

Flamin heck Sal, I'd forgot that was even there LOL. How on earth did you find that!!

Is that all yopu need to know Katerina????

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

Katerina

As you already here Lee may I ask.

I bought second hand beadcube and trying to check what programmes are there, this is why I was looking for instruction, and yes It's all work :)

I use program 1 - garaging

Now is time for Batch annealing....Can I put beads just on the floor? With or without kiln paper?

Or they need to go back on mandrels? And use metal stand?

Thank you

Katerina

Lee - Kilncare

Hi mate, program one is a 520 garaging program and program 2 is a 520 batch program, that's providing the previous owner hasn't altered anything.
The other 7 programs are all free for you to do as you please.

You can put the beads directly on the floor but I guess a thin piece of fibre paper would be belt and braces. I guess the knowledgable folks on here however are much better placed to inform you on what actually works best.

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

sarah t

when i batch in the cube i take them off the mandrel but don't clean them ,make beady kebabs on a mandrel or three  ;) i use the rack or the block to rest them on ..... then anneal using prog 2........

justjules

I did my first batch anneal in a bead cube yesterday. I put them directly on the floor of the kiln, then ran program 1 as I was making more beads during the day. All annealed Ok

Julie

sarah t

batch anneal on pro 1  does run a high risk of thermal shocking the beads ( especially larger ones ) as it reaches temperature quickly rather than ramping slowly up ...so i think you may have been lucky julie but i would not recommend it generally

Katerina

Thank you all. will try tonight and report tomorrow :) I belive with instruction in hand I can do it now :)

sarah t

you could do your own programme so it ramps up as for prog 2 and then hold for adding more if you have the space ...then ramp down as prog 1

good luck  ;D

Katerina

U know, this is a really great idea!!!!

justjules

thanks for that info Sarah T.
I admit that all the beads I put in for batch annealing were fairly small as I hadn't been brave enough to risk any larger ones in annealing bubble. I will definitely use program 2 in future if I need to batch anneal more.

Julie

Katerina

Thank you for your help. All work well and I created a new programm - thanks to sarah t !!!!!