New old kiln, thanks to Kilncare!

Started by Steampunkglass, August 05, 2011, 09:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

I've wanted a new small kiln that gets hotter than my bluebird, so that I can try some fusing and casting. I've been eyeing up a beadkiln too for ages, and was planning to get one of those when funds were available  ::)

However I manged to pick up a very, very old and battered Paragon kiln last week. It's in a bit of a sorry state, but the controller is ok. The elements were ruined, both were in several parts, and litterally hanging loose in places inside the kiln. A quick email to Brian at Kilncare (who also advised how I could check the controller) and I popped the best of one of the elements in the post as they'd never made elements for this model of kiln (I'd never even seen this model either!)

Yesterday I got two shiny new elements! It took me ages to get the remaining element out, as it was in so many peices and in places had melted into the kilnbrick!  :o :o :o So I had to dig out bits of melted metal so it didn't short out the new elements, it still needs a bit more work and some patching, but despite a concern the element might not be quite right length (as the element I sent away was in bits) the element made was a perfect fit! I nervously test fired it last night, and it worked first time!  ;D ;D ;D

I can certainly see why so many people I speak to rave about kilncare's service, I was expecting to take weeks to get this kiln working (if at all!) Thank you Kilncare!

laurat

That Brian man is amazing!!

Three cheers for Kilncare!!!

sparrow

That's fabulous!  ;D And well done on that find!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

garishglobes

Brilliant!  ;D ;D ;D Will be very interested to see how the kiln casting goes, too - it looked fun when we saw them doing it in Germany.

Lee - Kilncare

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732