Sets how many beads?

Started by Lotti, July 18, 2011, 11:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotti

Not sure if this is the right place - apologies if not.

3rd week of the craft fair at Hatherleigh tomorrow and blooming rain forecast again, doesn't encourage folks to come out :(

I have been asked by the organisers and a few other folks if I do sets so that people can make up their own jewellery.  I hate making sets (struggle with getting the sizes the same, but then they will be graduated sets  :o) and I get so bored making them.  However I have make up quite alot of very simple sets, about 10 beads of 2 lots and 20 of another lot (plus some other ones) and wonder how best to display them and how many in a set.  Would 10 be a good idea or would splitting the 10s into 5s be better?  For the 20, these are 'sea glass' beads, just plain trans blues and greens etched.   Again, just not sure what numbers would be best in a string?  The answer is probably pretty tricky, but I just wondered what sort of numbers people put into sets really, I have seen anything from 4 to 10 and more.

Many thanks.  :)

Lush!

Usually odd numbers: 5 for a necklace, 7 for a necklace and earrings ...

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Les

SilverGems89

yep i agree with Julie, 5's or 7's are the norm but i would say if the beads are only small donut-y type beads i would go with 10's  ;D
HTH

mizgeorge

5, 7 or if there's a larger bead included, 11. Even numbers are never much use somehow.

MadelineBunyan

could always do sets of 3 bigger beads and a couple of plain or very simple spacers in matching colours

I hate doing sets too, but I can usually manage a sort of pair, a focal and a few spacers.

and I would agree with others, odd numbers are more useful.

Lotti

Thanks guys, what I thought, certainly when I have made necklaces or bracelets it has been with odd numbers (of course really), but I got confused when I saw even number sets on Etsy! :)  Cheers :) :)

fionaess

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

MangoBeads

sets whats a set  :) cant do those for love NOR money  ;D