The perfect lentil

Started by GoldenGlassGirl, July 10, 2011, 06:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenGlassGirl

Who would have thought buying a press would be so complicated ???

I have a couple of zoozi lentil presses but I don't really like the straight sided one - which is more of a coin - and the standard lentils are a bit fat for my taste. I have looked on a number of websites but it is really hard to tell the shape of the finished bead from the pix on the various sites.

What I am after is a rounded, non straight sided lentil which is slim but gently curved!!

Can anyone help _ and does anyone know why no one puts good pics of the beads on the websites so that you can really see what you get?!

Thanks in advance

Sandra

MadelineBunyan

its a pain isnt it? all those slight differences!

I thought I could help by showing you pics of beads from my various lentil presses, but then I noticed you dont want straight sided...mine are all straight sided. perhaps someone else will come along who has the other kind and can show pics.

I have a press that I love (a perlenpresse one) but theres one thing that really annoys me about it, the three are different diameters, but all the same thickness (10mm), so the little one looks squat and fat, and the big one looks slim by comparison! doesnt make for a properly graduated set. others from perlenpresse are graduated thicknesses, so you do have to check.

the zoozii ones are done proportionally so they get thicker as they get bigger. I think beadpress ones are too.but the one I just looked at didnt want to tell me that info.

yet another thing to watch out for!

having spent much time thinking what I would like and looking and measuring and comparing (I have found various peoples beads in my collection handy for this) I have decided the next one I want is a zooziis slim SS lentil in the large size

now I just need to sell some more beads to justify it!

perhaps you need to talk to one or other of the people who make the presses, like Maria Louisa, to see if what you want is possible
I cant say I've ever seen a non ss lentil referred to as slim, only chunky variants.