Beginning to really hate annealing bubbles! :(

Started by Kathy, July 03, 2011, 03:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatheL

I don't have a kiln myself, get my beads batch annealed at a friends workshop, so I am using vermiculite. In the beginning I used it cold and LOTs cracked - then I dug out DH's old slow-cooker that he brought from England and put the powder in there. That worked wonders, didn't take long to warm up, I just kept it on middel temp while beading.
Made some pretty big beads this way!  Unfortunately the slow-cooker died, and they are not available in DK, so now I am using an hotplate and a steel pot, but I find it difficult to control the temperature.
I have just ordered some annealing bubbles, just to try out the difference...

Kathe, Denmark
Kathe Lewis,
Denmark
Single fuel torch user

awrylemming

Can nobody send you one over?  Or can you buy from  here and have it shipped?  I'll have a look around for you if you like.

KatheL

Thanks Sue,
shipping one over would of course be an option, but I just spend ALL my pennies (including next few months pocketmoney) on a BOBCAT torch, oxyconcentrator and loads of glass - now just waiting for it to arrive, hopefully sometime next week!
But you give me an idea, I will post a wanting add under swapping - I do silver finding thingies!
Kathe, Denmark
Kathe Lewis,
Denmark
Single fuel torch user