How many years for an oxycon?

Started by Steampunkglass, September 15, 2011, 09:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

I think my first oxycon is about to die  :'( :'( :'( it's struggling to do more than wheeze and its suddenly stopping more often with the 'red light of death' coming on. I'm torn between a service and spending a bit more and just getting a new one. Its been going for about three years, and has had some serious abuse in that time  ::) For some reason I am sure I read somewhere that three years was about the average for a re-furb oxy, so I am already braced to replace it, but am I wrong?

sparrow

Hmmm.....mine has been going for nearly four years with equally hard abuse, I imagine - last winter, my two main oxies got new filters from Father Christmas - I'm not sure it made a blindin' bit of difference, but I felt I was giving them some TLC.........fingers crossed it'll hang in there a bit longer!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Steampunkglass

well I just opened it up and had a poke around,  and found one slightly loose bit of tubing but didn't think that was enough to make it fail. Wondering if it was the fan not working so put it on to run to see if it was, then felt a sudden draft! A tiny bit of tubing had split!  :o Phew! I've wacked on a new bit and will give it another go, it certainly would explain why it struggled to maintain pressure

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

garishglobes

Oooh! I hope it really is that simple  :)

Steampunkglass

It was! Phew! If anything it's better now than it has been for months, it's actually got the green light on which it hasn't always lit for a while, only problem is the other oxy is now struggling to keep up!

Emerald

Why what's it done  ;D

Glad you found the problem   :)
Jo

www.etsy.com/shop/jowalker68
www.jowalkerstudiojeweller.co.uk
www.flickr.com/account

Steampunkglass

How can one little bit of hosing cause so much problems! I suspect when I am less busy this oxycon might be spending some time with Martin for a refurb!

fionaess

What nice clean hands you have Glenn  ;D ;D ;D

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !