Main Menu

copper filing

Started by lizziedx2, May 27, 2011, 01:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizziedx2

Hi im making an etched copper bangle and just sawing a strip off my copper sheet and wondered if all the little filings you get from sawing with jewellers saw can be used in glass beadmaking at later date? Waste not want not and all that. If so does any one want some for free its very fine and not a lot at minute but i can save some back.

As you can tell im still a newbie on here and although in my last post i said i was buying a homemade set up for my hothead still havent got round to it as daughter has been ill again and now even worse daughter 2 has similar symptoms and waiting for referral to hospital so we are all hoping she hasnt got ulcerative colitis too.

Has anyone used filings before and if so any photos would be appreciated.

Liz x

MadelineBunyan

I've seen brass 'frit' used, I don't see why copper couldn't be, though haven't seen it done.
you can use copper mesh and leaf/foil in beads and it goes nice colours.

I have a pile of copper filings I could try out and show when I get time.

hope that both daughters are well soon!

lizziedx2

Hi if you make some beads put them on here so i can see what they look like ive saved some copper filings for now for future use if they can be used.

Think its an uphill struggle to getting them both well but just have to see what happens  ::)

Liz