Kiln Temperature and stuff!

Started by Passionatelamper, May 24, 2011, 08:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passionatelamper

Ok forgive me if this sounds stupid but if your making beads all day you want the temp to stay the same? so if I switch on at say 11am and it is programed for 400 degrees then it will say around 8 hours to go.
If I am still making beads in the evening with a break in between lets say, do I just restart Kiln? Will that harm the beads? I am not conversant with ramping down etc as such I find the Book a little complicated.
I have a bead cube which I am happy with can someone spare the time to tell me the format please?
Thank you so much ....sorry...not good with Stuff like this!  ::) :-[ :'( :-\

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

MadelineBunyan

with my sc2 I can just add to the hold time.

restarting the kiln if it hasn't yet started to come down should be fine, mine throws a bit of a wobbly if I do this though and the temperature flicks about for ages before it decides to settle at the right one. don't know what beadcubes are like though.

oh beadcube owners, so many of you...is it easy to add some time to the hold?

sarah t

i have a bead cube , i use the pre programmed garaging programme 1(press the step key which is the first arrow,pr 1 should come up in the display box ,use start button green arrow /red square and bobs your uncle?)

i leave the cube on the whole time untill i have finished torching ( how ever many breaks i have)  then hit the up arrow untill it bleeps and then it does the rest ,you have 13 hours of the kiln being at about 520 which should be more than enough time for a good session

i also leave the oxycon going through breaks as well ,just turn it down ,turn the gas off at the bottle though

if you are not sure about anything lee and co at kilncare are fab,really supportive and know there stuff inside out

Passionatelamper

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr