Propane Hosing

Started by Maggie, April 28, 2011, 08:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggie

My original propane hosing has finally given up after years of frost and sun (the outside bit anyway). It's attached to a massive bulk propane tank rented from airproducts I've had for years, now my local hardware store doesn't have the same hose which was a Sievert 6,3 mm inner dia 20 bar pressure, EN559 hose. Can I just hook up a normal orange propane hose which can be bought at most hardware stores or does it have to be this hi spec hard to source (and expensive) number?
My brian is cooked with trying to read up on this for hours!! Don't want to go back to airproducts because I want to move away from their v.expensive prepaid rental contract!
Any help gratefully received!

Maggie ???

dangerousbead

Can't help but got to say . . . poor Brian. :-)

Maggie

Darn, meant brain! told you it was cooked.....

MadelineBunyan

I got my 6.3 ID hosing from the calor centre, but they wouldnt sell me more than 3 metres cause of silly health and safety, and they wanted me to have the armoured kind cause it was going through a (shed type?!) wall and was longer than 3m.

I cant read the numbers on it cause its covered in metal!

Maggie

Thanks Madeline,

sounds like exactly the same set up as mine, also going through a shed wall and about 3 m should do it. Looking at the frost damage on the last cable the armoured option sounds like a good idea!
Will check out local calor agent.

Thanks x

MadelineBunyan

I'll point out that they let me buy more than 3m of the armoured. just not the plain stuff.

the armoured was about £30 for the 5m I wanted, which considering how much metal is round it I thought was good.