Themed S&T : Show us your sphericals! (marbles that is)

Started by Hamilton Taylor, August 21, 2009, 11:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilton Taylor

Is anyone else making marbles here?
If so, let's see some pics.
Here's some of mine to start.

Sean

Steampunkglass

Cheers guys, I've had a fairly awful week where not much has gone right, so you lot made my day  :)

Right, you've asked for it, hog coming up!

one day I might learn how to make beads too!

Dizzy Di

Thanks Pat ;D
This was Sean's marble, and I wrapped it in silver wire to become a pendant.
This is the only photo I have as it now has a new home.

Dianne ;D ;D

Bobbo

Hi,

As a newly formed marble addict I'd love to see what everyones been creating recently. I know there are a few marble makers on this forum so if I show you mine will you show me yours!?

Here goes, in order of birth:

First ever all bumpy and scratched.

First implosion with a major ding, must have dropped this one about 10 times.

Second go at a vortex (the first decided to commit suicide by self division (it fell to pieces!)

A few implosions later and a flower is born  ;D

And the last two again, sitting on my luvverly graphite marble thingy.I was using the brass doming block quite successfully but the graphite is soooo much smoother.

Thanks for looking now get them rolling (groan) in.

Rob.

Steampunkglass

I haven't really done many marbles lately, been fiddling around with pendant flowers instead, but have a few awaiting annealing & photographing; in the meantime heres one I've done recently which came out quite nicely

Jennie Lamb

So having watched this thread grow the temptation for marbles grew and here are the results!!  My first Marbles.....can't really call them that as they are not really spherical but spherical enough to give me abit of exercise around the bench and floor!!

I think I am hooked.....got bead commissions waiting and I can't stop somebody HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!

Jenniex

Hamilton Taylor

Jolene

Just found this in the shed, it's from 2009 and I had forgotten all about it. My first and last attempt at marble making! It's really difficult!

murrini marble by kitzbitz art glass by Jolene, on Flickr