Propane & oxycon question

Started by Blue Box Studio, April 26, 2011, 08:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disandland

For what it's worth from a not very experienced/active glass fiddler:

I work at Manda's whenever I play with glass - on the cricket.  A few weeks ago I used something else - Manda will tell you what it was - might have been a Minor.  I much preferred it to the cricket.  I like to work hot and fast (ooh er missus) and I didn't think the cricket had enough balls for that.

Course, I might be talking out of my bum but it might also help
love Di x

dinah46

I bought someone's whole setup and so acquired a bobcat and I was going to use it as a second torch for teaching as I was quite happy with my minnow.  I now wouldn't swap back from the bobcat, it's a lovely torch, I much prefer it to the minor and it's a hotter torch than the minnow.  The only one I would consider replacing it with is a Lynx :D

Blue Box Studio

I thought a Cricket was the one with 'ears', not balls  ???    So the bobcat has balls but not ears?  Getting complicated, think I might have to stay with the hothead - no ears, no balls, no heat.  ;)
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

helenfc

for my tuppence worth, I adore my bobcat, it has such an easy to control flame and a lot of fire power. Have tried a minor and just didnt like it as much, and the cricket I have tried seemed really slow in comparison. I'm so thrilled with my torch I dont think I will ever want to change him!  ;D