erm, 'interesting' request from a customer...

Started by lampworklover, June 23, 2010, 08:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzielaws

My best friends dad is very poorly and I have been asked to use the ashes to make a bead for each of his children. He is such a dear dear man to me I am pleased I can make them all a bead but not sure how I am going to feel when the ashes are given to me. I'm just going to pretend it is enamel!!

dangerousbead

Penis beads? I made one once and got the potatoes back to front with the meat part. :-) and me with two sons a husband two bothers and five nephews! There was a thread ages ago with a link to someone who makes life size ones. A real coffee table ornament conversation starter! :-)

swurlgurl

pay it forward, do unto others, judge ye not and just be nice!

Pat from Canvey

It's always seemed a little odd to me using just a fraction of the ashes to put in a bead. I wouldn't have a problem if the whole amount were used in a blown container of glass, provided it was suitably sealed. I still have my dear cat Nick's ashes in it's original container in one of the bedrooms and I wouldn't want to part with them. Mother in law's ashes are a totally different matter. I'd cheerfully throw them in the local landfill.

dangerousbead