Marble Marver

Started by LampyLou, April 11, 2011, 08:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LampyLou

I've bought a Marble Paddle from FO..... got a bit excited and thought it was one of those shapers to help you get round beads but having looked at it again then obviously it doesn't allow for the rod.

So what shall I do with it?  I have two small boys so I could try marbles, any hints?

Thanks in advance

Julia x

sarah t

marbles are off mandrel so dont need the mandrel dip .

i would contact who you bought it off to see if you can you swop it for a press or roller

Redhotsal

Is it a graphite one? If so you could probably carve out a mandrel channel, if you're careful. If you dont' fancy that then as Sarah said the supplier would probably do a swap.

Stacy

Marbles are great fun!!

I'd treat it as a happy accident and give them a go!! You might find it takes you into all sorts of new directions!

garishglobes

I'm with Stacy. Go on, give it a go!  ;D I am fairly sure that a search through the tutorials will bring up some marble ones. There are also videos on Youtube and several threads on marble making on LE (lampworketc). I know of some in the boro room but suspect there will be others too. There isn't any reason that you shouldn't translate the information to soft glass - I've made vortex marbles in soft glass with no problems.

MadelineBunyan

I modified mine, I just took a straight parallel needle file (carefully) to it. it does work as a beadroller, but its too big really, so I kinda wish I hadn't, I only did one of the holes, and I still use the other two for marble style shaping (which can be done on beads, but you have to get the heat right as you only use the rim of the mould, you don't actually put the whole thing into it) also this way its harder to get the holes nice.

marbles are fun though!

Kalorlo

If it's the one Martin had, it's definitely too large for beads. Maybe big hollows. I got one to have a go at marbles  ;D