APRIL 2011- COLOUR OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE ... WINNER NOW UP !

Started by Les, April 07, 2011, 06:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadelineBunyan

that was me.

I need to find my poi. my cim box is overfull, cant find a flippin thing!
looks lovely with the bordello.

GaysieMay

I love this colour and made a few up with my new crystal press - thanks Marie Louise!

poi 003 by GaysieMay, on Flickr

three are poi and the other is a beautiful reichenbach pearl colour whose name escapes me at the minute!
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

spheresofglass

I had overlooked this colour recently when buying some CMI... think I may revisit! ;D  There are some lovely beads in this thread.

ScarletLeonard

I've got two for this one. I went a bit dotty over it.

Etched Poi Trio 2 by Scarlet Impressions, on Flickr
Insanely difficult to photograph those and I need to get in some serious PPP on the dots because I do like the style (and my first go at etching.)

Poi Pebble Mini Focal 1 by Scarlet Impressions, on Flickr

Alison G

Quote from: awrylemming on April 13, 2011, 06:25:57 PM
Want some?  I may be up to my ears in murrini before very long  :o  And I'm a little bit addicted ...

Cough, understatement of the year, cough.
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

awrylemming

Quote from: Alison G on April 22, 2011, 01:08:40 AM
Quote from: awrylemming on April 13, 2011, 06:25:57 PM
Want some?  I may be up to my ears in murrini before very long  :o  And I'm a little bit addicted ...

Cough, understatement of the year, cough.
::)

rocky

A bit of an easter bonnet in poi. Not a colour I use much, so it's been good to play with it. Me likey :)

Deanne x

Alison G

Nice, Gaysie May.

Thanks for giving me a reason to try it, I love it. The clear was a bit too good for a decent picture though.

GaysieMay

Pretty colours in that focal Alison, what did you team it with? x
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com

Alison G

Thank you  :)

The bottom is my favourite CiM Stone Ground, heated and heated like mad. Plus a little swipe of Clockwork. Then rolled in raku as you can see, with a raku, EDP and Opal yellow twistie.

The clear is Reich. I like it so much better than 006 if there's no silver involved, and it doesn't seem to set EDP off so much either.

helbels

Alison, why don't you use Reich if there's silver involved?  Am I missing something?

MadelineBunyan

was wondering the same... I only use reichenbach with my silverglass...
well actually thats not true, I only use reich full stop. (unless I pulled out some 006 instead of 004 for under-stuff stuff, then I'll use the 006)

its not worth the extra time for me to be faffing about cleaning it, and then still finding I've got a duff one and grabbing another and another, or getting halfway through a bead then it decides to misbehave. reichenbach just behaves. love it!

it is a very lovely colour mix btw, and I wouldn't have guessed what else was in it!

GaysieMay

www.GaysieMay.etsy.com

JKC

Here is my poi, it is kind of cool colour for messing around with.  Some are just poi, some with clear some with poi's brother and sister colours which look much the same.  I intend to play with it a lot more.

IMG_0791 by jntcasey, on Flickr

Alison G

JKC, they are lovely!

Hi girls, I love Reich clear (not as much as Lauscha but a lot), I used to save that for my nice beads but then I was told that Eff 006 is the one to use with any silver or silver glass as the other clears react badly.

Confuzzled now  :D what does everyone else use with what in the 104s?