Effetre Sandstone and Sediment

Started by Lush!, March 09, 2011, 09:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush!

I've only had time for a very quick play with this new colour from Effetre - Sandstone, 591285.

Used on its own the colour reminds me of putty, but add a bit of silver glass and it fumes beautifully, very similar to Dark Ivory - not that there's anything wrong with putty actually, I think its a useful neutral colour.

Effetre Sandstone by LushLampwork, on Flickr

Testing Effetre Sandstone by LushLampwork, on Flickr

I think the light on the second photo makes the Sandstone bead look more orange-y than it really is, but I wanted to show the lovely curdling.  By the way, Dark Ivory and Clio on left, Sandstone and Helios on right.

Let's see what others are doing with it then  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Lush!

I tried out the new Sediment too - verrrry streakily organic, nice and dark and mysterious  ;D

Sandstone and Sediment by LushLampwork, on Flickr

In this bead there's Sandstone on top and Sediment on the bottom.

I made a couple more too, next to this one in my Flickr album.  Sediment etches really nicely.

I like it - do you??

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

rocky

How organic these colours are! ;D

Here is a bead with dark ivory, sandstone and sediment plus some patches of silver leaf. The sandstone is one shade greyer than the dark ivory - just! I think the crackle lines are darker in the sandstone. (same bead both sides). Apologies for the photos. Just took them quick with the phone. ::)

Deanne x