Previous topic - Next topic

garishglobes

Starting with some recent work from Ian Pearson:

Seal-man-head

Seabee parts - for a member of USA Navy stationed somewhere in desert

Footballer

DFR

Fisherman

and if you want to see what a tidy studio looks like, I'm told there are pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100000090516654&aid=49888   ;)

fionaess

Those are just amazing - wish I had just a smidgeon of Ian's skill..  Ah well.. a few new sets from me..

Lagoons by Fiona1953, on Flickr

Elvish Queen by Fiona1953, on Flickr

Dolphin Song by Fiona1953, on Flickr

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

garishglobes

There you go, the finished article, courtesy of Ian  :)

JKC

My first boro gallery posting, my first boro heart :-[

Wasn't going to post next to all these cool pieces, but now I've entered the Guu competition, I have to sooner or later, so here goes.

garishglobes

As well as the dragon, I had a play with incalmo (I think!) over the weekend:

Blown glass perfume bottles by A flame with desire, on Flickr

garishglobes

They're about 7cm high, without the stopper - 12.5cm with  :)

Steampunkglass

I'm quite pleased with these, although I just can't get a decent picture! They are Glass Alchemy Solara, which has sat in the naughty corner as I got some seconds and they are so full of bubbles I hated it, plus I couldn't get the colour to strike, I think maybe the minor was too cool and I wasn't being agressive enough with the heating before. I've raked though Dark red Elvis (far right one has Sable frit too) to make some nice swirly patterns.

Appart from that I've been slacking, only done a few other pendants this week  ;) ::)

sparrow

Right.....I've got an idea for a series, all nature-related....I thought I'd start easy:

Fairy's Abode1 by Little Castle Designs, on Flickr

Fairy's Abode2 by Little Castle Designs, on Flickr

My Mum used to say that some moss looks like fairies live in it......so I wonder what kind of fairy lives in glass moss....kiln fairies?

They survived a night outside in freezing temperatures :)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Stacy

Well this certainly doesn't compare against the current level of work being shown in here but this is something I've been wanting to try for ages and ages.... before I even started with boro....

I looked at doing it the 'proper' way but in the end settled on working on my own technique. I'm not a fan of straight lines and much prefer the organic edges of doing it this way and bit like my chains but its not to everyone taste! I also left in the chill marks intentionally ... I hope they give it a bit of depth and texture ?

sparrow

I like the chill marks on it too, what a clever idea!!

Here's no. 2 in what can loosely be termed my 'It's Alive!' series ;)

tillandsia1 by Little Castle Designs, on Flickr
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

sparrow

Step 2 for the glassy moss - not all in this one are lit, but you get the idea :)

Mossy Glass, Glassy Moss - alight by Little Castle Designs, on Flickr
Sabine x

Marcel

I love al the boro magic i see here this month  ;)
here is a hollow ammonite i like to show  :)

garishglobes

I can only imagine how tricky it would be to keep such even curves on a piece of tubing. That is quite something  :)

I made a perfume bottle, inspired by a friend's trip to St Petersburg - and another with a Silver Aqua centre, which I love. You can't see it well, but the Silver Aqua has beautiful stripes in it, almost like waves when twisted.
Oh, and have cracked making a round blown bead - quite pleased to have done this!  :D

Russia by A flame with desire, on Flickr

Incalmo perfume bottle, Aqua by A flame with desire, on Flickr

Blue green blown bead by A flame with desire, on Flickr