Wanted lentil shaper

Started by Shirl, February 01, 2011, 09:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirl

I am looking for an Osibin Lentil Shaper or something similar.

Does anyone know where I can buy one from in the UK as I dont really want to order from the US.

Ilona

Are you talking a graphite lentil shaper? I have one that I don't use but I dropped it and it's bashed on one corner I think. It has lentils worked on both sides, not sure how many but think one side is large.
If it's what you are after i will take a pic tomorrow and see if you are interested.

Shirl

Yes, the one I want is graphite.

I enjoy shaping beads and want to make some lentils, but dont want to use a press.

I dont make my beads to sell so it doesnt matter how long it takes me to make a bead :)

I would be interested in seeing a pic, thanks :)

Pat from Canvey

Do you have any spoons with circular bowls?

Shirl

What a good idea Pat, but I think all my spoons are not circular but sort of tapered to a point.

I will have to have a good rummage in my cutlery drawer to see what I can find. :)

MadelineBunyan

hi, not an offer of a tool,

but I have the lentil shaper you're talking about, and I use it quite a bit,(or I did before I got my roll about masher - see my blog for stuff about my new tools) I do like it, it does make nice shapes, but it does take a while to use. and you may need to 'pre-squish' your bead with mashers of some kind first (I used to use the tuffnell £5 ish ones)

I tried a press and didn't get on with it in the slightest.

I got the graphite osibin shaper from Plowden and Thompson. I'm sure if you phone them they will help you. on the other hand it sounds like Ilona might have just what you need!

I also have spoons, but unless you can find any teaspoon sized ones with round bowls, then youre talking about making a huge bead to be able to use something like a soup spoon successfully. I found the spoons very difficult to get nice shapes out of unless I'm making a huge bead.