Main Menu

Bracelet disaster

Started by Shirl, February 09, 2011, 10:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirl

Thank you  :)

Sorry Ilona, on re-reading the thread I now realise you were asking Goerge what wire she uses, oops :-[  The wire on George's bracelets is perfect.

Diane

That's lovely now Shirl - well worth the extra work - and a good learning curve :)
Diane x

Alison G

Great work Shirl. Not a disaster but a learning curve.

I would echo what the others have said and suggest maybe self capping the beads with some heavier wire and then using jump rings or stations of russian wedding style rings to divide them?

I love cord too :)
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

mizgeorge

LOL I generall use 1mm for double wrapped or 1.2/1.3mm for simple turned or self capped stations. Alison's right, mobius or flower weave units (2 or three jump rings linked together) can also look lovely.

I still think it looks great now :)

Shirl

Now you have got me all confused talking of self capped stations and mobious and flower weave units! I haven't got a clue what you are taliking about :D

I agree it hasn't been a waste of time, I might have been upset if it was real silver that got wasted, as I hate waste.

I have learned a lot, and enjoyed it and all your suggestions mean my next one will be better I hope. I have loads of beads waiting to be made onto something lovely.

Sarah A

Wow stunning beads and a lovely bracelet, you must be really pleased with how it has turned out.

DragonflyLynne

Your bracelet looks great, and your beads are lovely  :)

for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

Margram

A happy ending - it looks lovely now :)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

princess pink

Gorgeous bracelet! I love seeing how it's evolved into the last piece! X

Mand

Ditto, it's looks gorgeous now. ;D    I'm off to take apart and rework some of my jewellery.....