Main Menu

Background

Started by Nikki, August 15, 2011, 03:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

I'm having real problems with background colours, I've notice lots of you use a reflective silver surface but not as shiny a mirror can I ask what it is?

Thanks

Nikki

Sywenn

I believe it is the inside of the lid of a tin of biscuits. I am in the process of tracking one down for this purpose too, and well, I guess I'll have to eat the biscuits . . .

Josephine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FROSTED-SILVER-MIRROR-PHOTO-TABLE-RISER-12-/290262837367?pt=UK_Photography_StudioEquipment_RL&hash=item4395036877#ht_3340wt_907

Its brilliant, as long as you have reasonably good light then photos need very little editing. I use it inside a little pop up tent in my conservatory. I often have to slightly increase brightness, tinker slightly with levels in photoshop but apart from that colours tend to show up well without any editing.

Nikki

Thank you Josephine that's just perfect, not that I expect it to improve my poor photography!!

Margram

Tina wasn't joking about the tin lid ;D: http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=30938.0 It actually works really well :)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Ilona

I am going to try out the tin lid idea :)

Blue Box Studio

I've used a frosted mirror, I think they are also used for cake display at weddings.  Am sure it was the supplier linked below.   Anyway, mine's scratched really easily and that shows up in the photos :( :(  Good idea about the biscuit tin, have a couple of those!
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

SilverGems89

This is a biscuit tin background

Jewel trio by SilverGems89, on Flickr
;D I used the base of the tin because the only tin i had the lid was embossed with logos and writing but the base was smooth.

Blue Box Studio

Off to find a biscuit tin!  I thought of aluminium tiles but the tile shop wanted a fortune for them despite them being the last he had and a broken packet.  Some manager's deal he wanted!!
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Dee Dee

I use a mirror tile, but wanted a frosted effect.  The link above won't ship to Australia, so I needed to think of something else.   I have a piece of laminating sheet (before it's been laminated - just one side) and place the shiny side up on my mirror - works OK, but I'd rather have the table top frosted mirror thingy!