JANUARY 2011 - COLOUR OF THE MONTH - WINNER UP!!!

Started by Kaz, January 09, 2011, 10:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow friend

www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

flowerjasper

i love this colour so pretty etched, these are baby blue and others

sandy

helbels

I just love these challenges  ;D  I got my baby blue out for the challenge, started playing... and came up with these.  I was so pleased with them I have continued on a theme and made several other sets in a similar vein.. and I'd never have done it if it wasn't for this thread!  ;D

These are Baby Blue over a Smurfy core, with added decoration

Helen x

Shirl

Helen they are fab :)

All the beads on here are just great, especilly the etched ones and the underwater focal bead

MadelineBunyan

Yellow friend

Helen. Those are superb. I agree about the challenge too - when the mojo is a bit rusty a theme helps focus the mind and also makes me try something I wouldn't have thought of.
Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

ShinySnail

Baby Blue, with my first successfull murrini application!  ;D

Louise Menzies

few entries from me :) ...... 1st comp entry  ::)

IMAG0055 by Just Desire Jewellery, on Flickr

IMAG0051 by Just Desire Jewellery, on Flickr

IMAG0025 by Just Desire Jewellery, on Flickr

Louise x
Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com

helbels

Louise, those are all gorgeous but I especially love the top set - very pretty x

Trudi

I saw them last night, very pretty  - my favourite is the middle heart.

Love the way you've photographed them on their sides!

Lots of lovely blueness in this thread, a real inspiration.

Louise Menzies

Quote from: Trudi on January 20, 2011, 08:13:23 AM
Love the way you've photographed them on their sides!

Thank all :)

Trudi.... thats the only way i could get them to stand up hahahahahaha

L x
Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com

Kalorlo

The top of this is baby blue (the bottom is mid blue, I think).

My first off-mandrel heart, and I had a somewhat hilarious problem. I was using the tutorial from Holly's Folly Glass and she recommends using reverse action tweezers to hold the top of the heart as you're removing the bottom punty. But my tweezers have teeny needlelike ends and this is a small heart. So I went to put it in the kiln, and the tweezers wouldn't let go! One end was embedded right into the heart. I put it in the annealing bubbles rather than the kiln, and when it was cool I could twist the tweezers off. Now one end of the tweezers is a bit shorter and the point is left in the bead! Next time I will use my pliers, I think. Much heftier, even if I have to hold them closed.

Other than that, I quite like it :D

I also tried a big bubbly lentil, but the shape wasn't great and then I ruined it by adding decoration to one side. Whoops.

Pandanimal

I love all the beads.
Its always amazing how you can give a bunch of people one basic starting colour and end up with so much wonderful variety.
Here are my baby blues.

They are ivory spiral encased with baby blue. I love the way the blue has reacted with the ivory. I was worried it would be much darker black but I guess the blue is so pale the reaction is pale too.

Ness

Love the beads shared this month  ;D

Helen!!!  :o They are FAB! ;D  Really gorgeous!

Here's an offering from me.  I love how the shards have brightened the baby blue.

I only had one rod of this, so after making this I needed more!!!  ::)  It's a lovely colour.

helbels

Bloomin heck Ness, thats one GORGEOUS focal - bet that's a keeper! ;D