Black foam on oxycon door

Started by wendy j, December 12, 2010, 02:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendy j

Just had to bring my oxycon unit in from the shed as it wont start and wont stop screaminng at me!!  Its a compamion 590i bought from Martin about 2 years ago, and hasnt had a great deal of use.  Im thinking cold and damp has done it no good,  when opening up the door on the side the foam on the door is wet and perished.  Can this be replaced?  What do other shed workers do to keep their oxycons happy?  I dont really want to have to take it outside and reconnect it every time I get spare time for a session, which isnt very often.  At the moment Ive stood it next to a radiator in the kitchen hoping to dry it out a bit.........
Wendy in Essex

Galloway Beads

I think Tuffnells have spare filters etc Wendy  :)

www.gallowaybeads.co.uk
My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/Gallowaybeads

MadelineBunyan

they have only got box filters, cooling fans and connectors on there at the moment.

I have never seen them have the black foam for the door (have a feeling mine is on its last legs too!)

sarah t

i think the same has happened to mine and i kept him covered and as warm as possible .. wish i had bought him in sooner  >:(.... he will be off to Doc Martins place in the new year :-(

connecting and disconnecting is not to tricky i just undid the green screw thing on the unit .....if you have somewhere to keep him out of harms way in the winter i would ...otherwise keep him covered  and wrapped up and as far away from the damp and cold as possible

Dragonfire Glass

Drop Martin an email or give him a ring - I'm sure he'll be able to help  :)