Fusing Effetre??

Started by Glass Shed, January 09, 2007, 09:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glass Shed

Has anyone had any experience of fusing Effetre?

I know there are plenty of specially made fusing glass on the market but I have a load of rods & thought I'd try them in the kiln!

So if there is anyone out there that has fused Effetre rods before I'd appreciate the info!

Otherwise I've got to start the experimentation again

WHich has not been going very well
Paul

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks??

www.facebook.com/GlassShed

xtweeksx

Oooo Interesting ;D Actually I quite like it hehe

Its good to experiment, ya can learnt a lot by it...  :)

You can do something called a Pot Melt with rods....... never heard of uising them in fusing though. Im sure the fusing peeps will let ya know!

Jenx

Les

It's a pity that all Jim's pot melt pictures and findings were lost when the good ship GH went down :(

Les xx

xtweeksx

Quote from: Les on January 09, 2007, 09:38:14 PM
It's a pity that all Jim's pot melt pictures and findings were lost when the good ship GH went down :(

Les xx

Oh I didnt see them.......  shame as I like pot melts.  There is someone who has them on her website but I cant remember her name! She uses them in her wonderful stained glass pieces......

Jenx

handmadeheaven.biz

hey, that's cool! makes some funky art. proper bubbletastic isn't it! how big is it?

Glass Shed

Quote from: handmadeheaven.biz on January 09, 2007, 09:46:53 PM
hey, that's cool! makes some funky art. proper bubbletastic isn't it! how big is it?
Unfortunately it's only about 4" X 6" X 1" thick
Paul

handmadeheaven.biz

1 inch thick?! crikey! impressive!!

Glass Shed

Not really I got the firing schedule wrong!
I didn't soak long enough before the rapid heat & all the air got trapped

I've had to do some research on an artist I chose a guy called Klaus Moje

He uses a similar method

It was supposed to have been cut up and used as a mosaic pieces

Pic of Moje's work
Paul

handmadeheaven.biz

oo, i LOVE that colour combo *makes notes*

Glass Shed

He's done loads loads of strange colour combos
That shouldn't really work but they do!!
Paul

Chameleon

i like yours with the bubbles in but thats me lol !! yep ive melted some effetre, i have sheet that i have played with, courtesy of the lovely tuffnells, not particularly expensive either compaired with bullesye but they only have it in clear. Have also played with rods and pulled twisties to melt onto the sheet as well as messing about with millifiore (sp) frit ...basically anything effetre compatible i could get my grubby little paws on. Lobbed it in the kiln on a bullseye schedule but upped the top temp by 10 degrees. not a technical way of doing it but it worked (tutors at uni would skin me lol no attention to annealing points strain points or anything !!)
will post some pics at some point if anyone is interested, however wont be for a few days as wont be about after this noon till sat. if you want any more info please feel free to yell just bear in mind wont answer till sat :)

Chameleon

me again (sorry)
pot melts, this is a site i came across a while ago got a tutorial for pot melts and some lovely pics too as well as a pattern bar tutorial that you might find fun to try as that might give to a closer result to moje :) !!

http://www.clearwaterglass.com/Tutorials/TutorialAperturePour.html

check out the gallery section which is gorgeous with examples of where pot melts etc have been used in finished pieces
e.g.

handmadeheaven.biz

fab! that's a great tutorial. i wanna go!!!!

i'm going to add it to the fusing tute section....

Caroline

there's some fantastic tutorials on that site

it makes me wanna buy a bigger kiln, have you seen the vase tut, it's fantastic