come on girls show me your gloryholes!

Started by madpup, October 14, 2010, 04:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

Don't tell me that Pete  ;D Think I can convince hubby to keep the leaking roof leaking for a few more years, and get one of these instead?  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

garishglobes

You could tell him you thought it was a Murphy Rain Bucket  ;D

sparrow

I suppose if I run it indoors, it would mean we don't need to repair the heating  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

madpup

Wow loads of feedback, ;D thanks guys and not one "yer a dick cant, be done" posts,
the roman thing looks great, really have to look deeper into that, the moreton pic looks
great but i have a sneeky feeling that is out of my price range by just a tad,
A gathering at hamilton taylor, yes i aggee that does sound like a plan,
moreton:link not working, www.pielecrtonics.co.uk although i would love that setup,
im thinking about a 1/4 of that price to start or is that unrealistic?
im willing to give over my conservator over to this idea, should be ok size wise and
stone floor if i take all the carpets up, must work on 30amp power though.  ;)

Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

www.madpup.co.uk

madpup

Quote from: Chameleon on October 14, 2010, 06:41:27 AM
The Murphy's fire bucket is supposed to be a good mini glory hole, I dont know of a uk supplier though, but if you are into DIY then apparently its easy to make one, just a steel outer, some fiber insulation and then a torch fitted into it, and put the whole shebang onto some decent legs to keep it from sitting directly on the table surface ??

With a big torch you can make pretty decent sized marbles and paperweights on a torch ... were some paperweight tutorials using stump suckers in one of the back issues of the flow if you havent seen it ?  :)
sorry forgot to say thanks Chameleon, this is about the best i can find at the mo, and they do it in kit form,
but i would like something i would not have to upgrade after a few months or even a year, dont really want to
make one either, if its made by a company i just think it will be safer (hopefully)
Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

www.madpup.co.uk

Moreton

Hi again Mark. Sorry that the link didn't work here is Merlyn's 'phone number. 01384 374826,  Mob 07973 653612.  And e-mail pielectronics@talktalk.net

I did try to talk Martin into buying one, mounting it on a trailer and hauling it round to all the bead fairs and to Flame Off but he seemed to think that there might be problems with Road Traffic Act, Health & Safety & such like.

Don't know what he was going on about  ::) ::) ::)

After all the people with Baked Potato Ovens move them all the time and they must be hot sometimes.

Alternativly we could gang together and "Force" him (Martin) to get one in the interests of the FHF comunity.
Pete

Moreton

Pete

Moreton

There again Mark how about using a Raku Kiln? Temp looks about enough and they are very simple to construct. A dustbin or washing machine drum lined with ceramic fibre. A propane blow torch at a angle to run the flame tangenticaly round the drum under a kiln shelf plus a flower pot crucible. There you have it. Add a blower and/or a second torch if you need more heat.

With your Engineering background and a nice workshop it's done.........possibly

And then we could all come to Kent and play... or Ross on Wye when you move.

Regards Pete
Pete

Hotglass28

I reckon you could make one for less than £1000 if you know the right people ;)

Cant be that difficult to make!?  I've wondered about it myself on and off for about a year but dare not ask the OH as he may go pop with all my demands.  ;D

Let me know if you go ahead with making one. My OH is a metal fabricator so he could help you out for a lower fee than the big companies if you ever needed  going down that route.

Denise
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

madpup

ross on wye, i see you have been taking notes Pete lol (H&S bar humbug thats for wimps (please dont tell my guv i said that lol)
i really dont like the homemade, if anything went wrong i want to point a finger..
i spoke to my doc who happens to be a friend of mine and he thinks maybe i should give up glass fullstop, well mr grover(he hates that) fu** you when im 100% blind you can have my torch but be warned the first bottle is on your account, lol

Quote from: Moreton on October 14, 2010, 07:05:44 PM
There again Mark how about using a Raku Kiln? Temp looks about enough and they are very simple to construct. A dustbin or washing machine drum lined with ceramic fibre. A propane blow torch at a angle to run the flame tangenticaly round the drum under a kiln shelf plus a flower pot crucible. There you have it. Add a blower and/or a second torch if you need more heat.

With your Engineering background and a nice workshop it's done.........possibly

And then we could all come to Kent and play... or Ross on Wye when you move.

Regards Pete

www.madpup.co.uk

Moreton

Yes indeed Mark. I try to remember what people are doing. Have you got any further with the move? Sales still seem a bit "sticky" but there will be a buyer in time.

I've just followed the link that Sean gave and the 10" glory hole is "Only" $550 but it's in USA of course. The more US dealers/makers sites I view the more I realise how lucky they are for the availability of really good stuff that we just don't see over here. Generally at very reasonable prices too.

Perhaps a group visit returning on the new Queen Elizabeth (unlimited baggage.. or nearly so) & we could bring back all the cool stuff.

Can't resist dreaming, fat chance of doing it.

Regards and let us know how you get on with those ideas of yours.

First step might be to get your doctor friend over for a days torching. THEN he would't tell you to give up  ;D
Pete