Main Menu

Boro hates me ......

Started by hollergrafik, October 05, 2010, 04:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotglass28

Like someone said, it's a different animal. I guess you have to re learn all over again for Boro.

I like the idea that you it can stay out of the flame for a bit longer while you work it.

Silver clay hates me, that's my hate, I haven't said a bad word to it but the stuff just is evil to me  ;D

Tans got a good point, if you did like it I think your bank balance would take a hit, its not cheap stuff is it  ;) 

Denise
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Steampunkglass

Quote from: Hollergrafik or Special Kay :) on October 17, 2010, 06:58:37 PM
I just dont have the patience Tan, cant be naffed with it taking ages and only being able to do boro on its own and not make 104 beads at the same time as the kiln temps are very different
If you want to work both glasses at the same time you can always chuck it in the kiln at the normal 104 schedule, then do a batch anneal later for all the boro at the higher temperature. The only problem you'd have with that is the risk of mixing up the glasses.

I did the same as Tan, tried some clear to get used to melting it, then added a very few colours. Use lots of clear, it's cheaper and melts easier. I think of the colours like concentrated paint, and you use the clear to thin it down, layering it ontop or underneath to make it go further  ;)