Main Menu

bubble dots.

Started by aurora, May 10, 2007, 04:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aurora

i've succesfully made a few bubbles, but nothing spectacular, just by trapping air under layers and squashing a bit, how do i make the round even bubbles i've seen in so many beads???

also, ive seen some beads that have many rows of perfectly even tiny bubbles, was this done with pre-made bubble strips, or by poking holes in the glass and layering over?????

Marijane

The secret is in heat control, if the glass temparature varies then the depth that you can poke changes.  Make sure that the transparent glass that you dollop on top is the same shape each time - if it is pointy where you pulled off from the last bubble then that could make your second bubble smaller.  When you reshape by melting in the dollops those lovely bubbles take on their final shape.

HTH
Mari

♥♥Tan♥♥

Hi Aurora, I make bubbles by poking a hole and then layering a clear over the top, this usually gives a bubble, you do need a big splodge of clear so it goes over the hole and not down it.

I you want a raised bubble dot lay down a spot of a light colour and part melt it, poke it and then lay a transparent colour over the top.

Have you got any pics of the beads that you like so we can see if we are pointing you in the right directions

aurora

not really but will be making again in the next 1-2 weeks, i've already potgraphed most of my efforts (not imppresive compared to what's here) so i'll have some bettter efforts to show then

♥♥Tan♥♥

Look forward to seeing what you've got and dont be disheartened, your doing ok petal ;)