where to buy kiln wash?

Started by bubblefizz, April 24, 2007, 09:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblefizz

Gonna try fusing, i need some kiln wash, where do i buy it and is there a make/brand?
also a kiln shelf?

i want to try with small moulds to make pendants etc..
any tips please?  ::)

Diane

Hi - Potclays, Stoke on Trent are very good and helpful www.Potlcays.co.uk. They sell bags of shelf wash  in various weights - might even send you a sample bag if you explain. They will also help you with a kiln shelf. I think Martin from Tuffnells has some small moulds for fusing

bubblefizz

Thanks Diane will take a look!  ;)

Diane

Sorry Angie- just realised the website is www.Potclays.co.uk (I transposed the l and c) - good luck!

bubblefizz

Thought something wasnt right LOL i did find it, but i dont like the site  :-\
so i ordered Hotline Primo Primer off martin, i hope this is the right stuff lol

Diane

Sounds good to me - Martin always comes up trumps doesn't he. Good luck with the fusing

bubblefizz

yea! thanks Diane ;)
cant wait to try it ;D

♥♥Tan♥♥

Dont forget to post your pics Angie!!

beady-kat

I use Hotline and I think it's great.

*rowanberry*

Oooooh Potclays is just down the road from me :D I keep meaning to go over there and buy battwash and other stuff :D
Claire

♥♥Tan♥♥

we have a pottery up the road that sells supplies and when I go in and explain what I'm doing and ask for advice on other things they just smile vaguely and look at me blankly

I end up scurrying out with my bag of kiln wash feeling like a twot :D

*rowanberry*

They sell ceramic overglazes there which I heard can be used to draw on glass beads.... i am intrigued...
Claire

♥♥Tan♥♥

ooo Claire tell us more if you find out?

purrleeesseee ;D

bubblefizz

yea tell us more Claire  ;D
i might go and call in the shop and see what its like  ::)