Some sound advice at Flame Off-Thanks Di East!!

Started by Helen G, May 06, 2010, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Flyingcheesetoastie

I have a couple of those long refillable metal lighters you use for the hob and have actually seen a bench 'bomb' in action too....  :o  I also have a tendancy to stand when I torch so I always know it's in my back pocket still if I sit down!

silverlemon

Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

Flyingcheesetoastie

Um...am I allowed to say.... it was kinda cool in a loud explosive fireball bang kinda way!  But then again it wasn't in front of me when it happened, it was on a bench in the same room!  Plus it didn't hurt anyone, luckily, it could have so easily been a massive disaster!

Krysia@No98

-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

turnedlight

I use a barbeque lighter wand, and keep it out of the way. I never could get on with the flint sparkers cos I like to have the lighter lit first before gently turning on the gas so there's no sudden, noisy combustion of gas, but I suppose matches might be a good idea.. I know about melting through plastic - do it frequently!
kathryn

madpup

Quote from: silverlemon on May 06, 2010, 12:05:18 PM
I use plastic lighters all the time.........

BUT I never leave them out on the bench, I always put them away in my back pocket or in my drawer or in a tin.
Im with Sarah on this one,
i did have one blow up in the car once, didnt see it, just came back to find bits of lighter everywhere.
Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.


www.madpup.co.uk

Phoenix*

Quote from: madpup on May 10, 2010, 11:22:23 PM

Im with Sarah on this one,
i did have one blow up in the car once, didnt see it, just came back to find bits of lighter everywhere.

ooh me too! I did think what if that had happened when I was driving!!!  :o
Kim :)    &  www.phoenixbeads.co.uk

stuwaudby

Best to get a piezo gaslighter, welding striker or metal lighter.

awrylemming

I use a plastic lighter, but being a huge scaredy fraidy cat put it on the other side of the room before I sit down.  I won't put it in my back pocket as, if anybody ever gets their bum blown off in a freak lighter incident, it'll be me  ;D

Sue x

Les

Quote from: silverlemon on May 06, 2010, 12:05:18 PM
I use plastic lighters all the time.........

BUT I never leave them out on the bench, I always put them away in my back pocket or in my drawer or in a tin.

snap

hollergrafik

I have an ALL metal lighter, nothing to burn through. Still put it back in the drawer tho, its just become a habit to put it away.