Help...First firing not going to plan!!!

Started by BeadsbyJules, April 23, 2010, 09:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeadsbyJules

Ok,

So maybe it would have been a good idea to test the kiln out before putting any beads in but me being me never thought of that!

So i've loaded the kiln (prometheus mini-kiln) and programmed the ramp function to 520 deg in 210 minutes, except i'm obviously doing something wrong as the kiln in less than 30 minutes is already upto 564 deg  :o & the display in red reads 565  ??? i'm really not sure what that is!

Can anybody shed any light on it for me?

Cheers
Jules x

poledra1958

Sorry can not help I have not tried to fire any of my beads yet but will follow the thread for information.

Jenny

HH on Bulk,

BeadsbyJules

No problem,

I'll let you know the outcome so hopefully you'll have it a bit easier  :D

One question you might be able to answer for me though is about the display. The green numbers on the top row are obviously the temperature, so am I right in thinking that the red numbers below are time?

Thanks
Jules x

poledra1958

I can not remember let me go and turn the kiln on to remind myself

HH on Bulk,

poledra1958

ok when not using a program,  The red is the temp you have set it to and the green is the actual temp in the kiln

Hope this helps.  I am working from home today if I get a minute later I will set the program and then see what the display reads then,

Jenny

HH on Bulk,

BeadsbyJules

Jenny,

Don't trouble yourself, I'll work it out eventually  ;)

I'm just hoping I've not ruined my beads, I was really pleased with some of them!!!

Jules x

BeadsbyJules

I've sussed it.... I think  ::)

I just got the programming wrong for the ramp us so it got up to temp far quicker than I'd expected it too, it's had 45 mins at the right temp & now I think i've managed to set it correctly so it'll slowly cool down, time will tell!!!

Jules x